Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying for the Queen's shilling

Options
  • 09-05-2009 2:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭

I see some poor misguided Irish-born guy has just been killed while occupying another people's country on behalf of the remnant of the British Empire that is known as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

How apt that despite Britain's superior technology, and the near certainty that as a result of it British soldiers would avoid injury or death, that they do not get away with their immoral and cowardly choices to join this force.

No doubt he will turn into another accidental hero to people who would like to portray him as "brave" despite the reality - as if he consciously joined the British Army in the expectation that he would die. Nationalist nonsense, of course - but don't say it too loud as the poppy brigade get very very annoyed, the poor emotionally unstable things.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/northern_ireland/8040032.stm

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭GSF

Rebelheart wrote: »
    I see some poor misguided Irish-born guy has just been killed while occupying another people's country on behalf of the remnant of the British Empire that is known as the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
    Its a NATO operation surely? And its good to see the Taliban have their supporters on boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whats this got to do with Politics? Or is that a silly question? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,729 ✭✭✭GSF

mike65 wrote: »
    Whats this got to do with Politics? Or is that a silly question? ;)
    Maybe there isn't a dancing on someone's grave section yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

How apt that despite Britain's superior technology, and the near certainty that as a result of it British soldiers would avoid injury or death,

I wouldn't say solider believes this.
    The guy was serving in Afghanistan, of course there is huge risk and that is what he is trained for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I see some poor misguided Irish-born guy has just been killed ......

Nice one there. The poor fella isn't even in the ground yet and you're already using him as a pawn for your bigotry. Hope your real proud of yourself.

If you'd any real balls you'd post this in the Military forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Nationalist nonsense, of course - but don't say it too loud as the poppy brigade get very very annoyed

Gees, I know what your saying. Those nationalists do come out with some nonsense. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Eugh.

School holidays soon too so no doubt we'll see more of this, always brings out the proper pubescent 'ra heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

Lol very good. What would you have had to say if it had been one of the Óglaigh na h-Eireann that are out there in Afghanistan doing the same job under the same command structure?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This is going to be another one of those all over the place ranty pissing matches isn't it.

No it isn't. We had one only the other day.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement