Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motorcycle studies

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

hairyhead wrote: »
    anyone here doing this course?
    http://www.dit.ie/study/parttime/programmes/dt064motorcyclestudies/

just wondering what the content is like,
    also i work 2 days a week in a garage for the past 6 months, would i bee completely lost doing this?

cheers

I did that motorcycle course back in 2001 and completed it in one year. It was more theoretical and there was little or no practical experience gained. The exams were City and Guilds back then and they were a piece of p!ss. Everyone passed and there were one or two lads in there who I wouldn't trust to service a lawn mower.

Anyway, to answer your question - you'll be grand in that course. The class will be small and the content is geared toward absolute beginners. The fact that you're working in a garage will give you a chance to put what you learn into practical situations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hairyhead

waraf wrote: »
    I did that motorcycle course back in 2001 and completed it in one year. It was more theoretical and there was little or no practical experience gained. The exams were City and Guilds back then and they were a piece of p!ss. Everyone passed and there were one or two lads in there who I wouldn't trust to service a lawn mower.

Anyway, to answer your question - you'll be grand in that course. The class will be small and the content is geared toward absolute beginners. The fact that you're working in a garage will give you a chance to put what you learn into practical situations.

Advertisement