Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards GRID Championship

Options
  • 09-05-2009 3:52pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey good folks, I'm going to try and organise a GRID Championship for the summer! Like most of you I imagine that playing with public racers online, that it can be very frustrating to be hit by someone with no care for where they finish (i.e driving backwards and such)

So I propose to all the fellow boardsies, that a private GRID championship be set up this summer :D

I'll be doing it for the PC, but if anyone wishes to set up a PS3/360 championship, stick a post in here.

Anyways onto the details. I'm looking for 11 other people interested in this, the racing we play will be private so nobody else can join in. I'm hoping to run this every weekend/fortnight till the end of August, from the end of May onwards. I hope to get 10 race events done at least by the time summer is over.

As for the prizes, I dont really have anything, but I'm sure something can be sorted out, its mainly for the fun of it anyway :)

So yeah... 11 interested PC GRID racers. Let me know what times suit you at the weekends and let me know what rulesets you prefer(i.e collision off etc)

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

You're expecting 10 pc users with legit copies, that'll be tough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I'll play. Evenings other than Thursday / Friday should be good by me. Don't mind collisions being on (but you would need someone able to step in with punishments....and FIA disputes of course! :D).

🤪

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    You're expecting 10 pc users with legit copies, that'll be tough :D

Not trying to stir a ruckus, but I know for a fact legit and illegit copies can be played together on private races, so long as they're all the same versions (i.e. 1.2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Not trying to stir a ruckus, but I know for a fact legit and illegit copies can be played together on private races, so long as they're all the same versions (i.e. 1.2)

Really, I'll be on for having a go then so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

:( if I was around I'd be up for it but fail I cant guarantee I whill be

• Advertisement
Advertisement