Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Call All Poker Dealers In Ireland - New Online Directory

• 09-05-2009 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Guys,

I have set up a section on Cardrooms.ie website completely dedicated to poker dealers.

Dealers will be able to advertise their service completly free of charge and employers will be able to search through the database completely free off charge too.

So why not visit the site and get your details posted now.
    www.cardrooms.ie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

This web site is registered with the IE Domain Registry is therefore subject to Irish Law so why do the TERMS OF USE state:
    "this agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Washington, U.S.A. and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts in King County, Washington, U.S.A. in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of the Cardrooms.ie Web Site."

Why do you have to register & give your email address to get any information ? Is it so that they can spam you ??

Who is the entity running this site ?? I could not find anywhere where it is stated this on the site in terms of contact details -Company / Person's Name, Address & phone no.

Does the person who set this up know what they are doing ?? :confused:

Why set yourself up on the internet highway and have no idea of the highway code that you should conform to ?? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭D.C.C

some excellent questions Pat and ones that should be answered before anyone signs up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭cardrooms

Thanks for the questions.

The site is owned by myself:

Anthony McElmeel
    12 Abbey Park,
    Armagh

I run the Red 14 Poker Club in Armagh.

The site was designed using American software which automatically puts in a standard privacy policy, which I apologise for not changing to suit the Irish highway code policies.

I set this site up to make playing poker around Ireland more accessible for everyone and a lot of hard work has went into it. Since the launch 6 days ago, the site has had over 150 people sign up to it, just giving their name and email address. No other information is required. This information is collected for 2 reasons, firstly that you become automatically signed up to the website forum and secondly that if I ever want to inform users of any matters regarding the Cardrooms.ie website, then it can be easily done. I have absolutely no intention of sending any user of the website SPAM or selling the email addresses to a third party, I'm just interested in maintaining a useful website.

Just like Boards.ie and other forums, the Cardrooms.ie website requires users to register their name and email address.

Once again, I can assure anyone concerned that no SPAM will be sent to them from my site or that their details will not be given to a third party. Unfortunately, all I can give is this assurance and if people are still not convinced, then the Cardrooms.ie website will be of no use to them.

Anthony Mc Elmeel
    Cardrooms.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

I can see why people would have an issue with signing up, but Anthony gave his word that there will be no spam, so thats fine.

This website will be a great source of info when the database builds up. Especially when the poker dealers section gets goin...a very good idea imo and one that will be made use of in the future.

Nice one Anthony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Why was the other thread deleted? The one where some of us were questioning you about the use of the mailing for sending out mailshots on behalf of 'affiliates', among other issues??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭bigbadpat

cardrooms wrote: »
    Thanks for the questions.

The site is owned by myself:

Anthony McElmeel
    12 Abbey Park,
    Armagh

I run the Red 14 Poker Club in Armagh.

The site was designed using American software which automatically puts in a standard privacy policy, which I apologise for not changing to suit the Irish highway code policies.

I set this site up to make playing poker around Ireland more accessible for everyone and a lot of hard work has went into it. Since the launch 6 days ago, the site has had over 150 people sign up to it, just giving their name and email address. No other information is required. This information is collected for 2 reasons, firstly that you become automatically signed up to the website forum and secondly that if I ever want to inform users of any matters regarding the Cardrooms.ie website, then it can be easily done. I have absolutely no intention of sending any user of the website SPAM or selling the email addresses to a third party, I'm just interested in maintaining a useful website.

Just like Boards.ie and other forums, the Cardrooms.ie website requires users to register their name and email address.

Once again, I can assure anyone concerned that no SPAM will be sent to them from my site or that their details will not be given to a third party. Unfortunately, all I can give is this assurance and if people are still not convinced, then the Cardrooms.ie website will be of no use to them.

Anthony Mc Elmeel
    Cardrooms.ie

This information should be up on the web site.

You should be aware of and comply with the Data Protection legislation that applies for Ireland, United Kingdom & the European Union.

At the very least you should remove the necesssity to register & provide your email address to obtain the basic information on Poker rooms in Ireland which is available openly on many other web sites such as www.irishpokerrankings.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Just dont use it if you care that much, he's not forcing you to give him your email address.

Thanks for the comment 4 of a kind.

I'm not sure why another thread was deleted but if anyone has any comments or would like any questions answered, please feel free to add them to this thread or PM me and I will give you my answer. For those of you who have signed up to the site, I hope that you find it useful and continue to use it.

Anthony
    Cardrooms.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 aboutpoker

Its a great Idea

www.aboutpoker.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gman127

I was hoping this would have sparked off better by now but there doesn't seem to be any dealers registered with you yet.

Come on guys, this could become an excellent database for all to use but it will take some widespread support!

• Advertisement

Thanks Gman, one guy has replied and I will get his details up today hopefully. (Un) Fortunately, I'm getting married in 3 weeks so not much point promoting the site to the cardrooms before then, but as soon as that is over, I will be sending promotional material to all the venue's including details about the dealer database which hopefully all cardrooms will pass onto their dealers.

Just checking incase any dealers have missed this thread, i have started a new free database on the cardrooms.ie website where poker dealers can advertise their services and tournament organisers can aquire their contact details.

If you want your details posted, just PM me or email me anthony@cardrooms.ie

Cardrooms.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Poker.inthe.Pub

Hi i run a pub game in Swords and we are having the final of our leauge on the 4th of July with 6 full tables , what is the going rate per houe to hire dealers ?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Poker.inthe.Pub

sorry HOUR

Honestly, I could not tell you because I don't know. I'm sure there is plenty of people on this forum that do know though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭cool007

Hi i run a pub game in Swords and we are having the final of our leauge on the 4th of July with 6 full tables , what is the going rate per houe to hire dealers ?? :confused:

current rate is €10 per hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

A few of my dealers work for the CPT when they are in this area and they pay €15 per hour

Advertisement