Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We dont have to hand up experiment copies, do we ?!

Options
  • 09-05-2009 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Never written up an experiment in my life, preferring to learn them all and, should there be an inspection, I will stay up all night and write away.

Jsut confirming that, come LC day, we don't need to actually hand up the experiment copies with our exams, do we ?

I do Physics, Chemistry and Biology. So if I have to write up every experiment I'm a bit fecked.

Anyone know for sure, 100% ?

Thanks !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

I'm sure for Bio and Chem. Don't do Physics but I'd imagine it's the same story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭.:FuZion:.

Your supposed to anyways for physics. And apparently if you dont have and they check, you can be stopped from sitting the exam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Jeebus wrote: »
    Howdy,

Never written up an experiment in my life, preferring to learn them all and, should there be an inspection, I will stay up all night and write away.

Jsut confirming that, come LC day, we don't need to actually hand up the experiment copies with our exams, do we ?

I do Physics, Chemistry and Biology. So if I have to write up every experiment I'm a bit fecked.

Anyone know for sure, 100% ?

Thanks !

In Physics you only do it if an inspector comes to your school, no need otherwise. Itd be good revision if you were to write them out but time consuming. Did you do the ~27 of them in your school? If you dont have them done and an inspector comes they can stop you from sitting the exam :O

Your teacher is dodgey, unless your doing it outside of school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Jeebus

I know if an inspector comes that they can stop you sitting, but its so late in the year now that there will almost certainly not be an inspection (touch wood).

What I'm asking is if you have to hand up your experiment copy with your examination script, or is it ONLY if you get inspected that you're in trouble ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

I know if an inspector comes that they can stop you sitting, but its so late in the year now that there will almost certainly not be an inspection (touch wood).

What I'm asking is if you have to hand up your experiment copy with your examination script, or is it ONLY if you get inspected that you're in trouble ?

Its only if you get inspected (In biology)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

It's only if you get inspected; you don't hand it up with the exam. But it's never too late for an inspection, we have an Irish one on Tuesday. You'll be given a week or so notice though.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

I

you definitely, 100% don't have to hand up an experiment copy with ur examination script.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

If you don't, wouldn't it be a great idea to get an experiment copy tomorrow (Sunday) and start writing up the experiments? Do 5-6 a day.

A great form of revision!

u only have to do 20 (24 minus 4 from last yr). so u could do 0.833 a day between now and the start of English paper 1.

our teacher felt the need to lie to us at the start of last year. he told us 25% of the leaving was going for the experiment copies. some of the lads in the class still think they've 25% in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Fince wrote: »
    u only have to do 20 (24 minus 4 from last yr). so u could do 0.833 a day between now and the start of English paper 1.

our teacher felt the need to lie to us at the start of last year. he told us 25% of the leaving was going for the experiment copies. some of the lads in the class still think they've 25% in the bag.

lol! What a kick in the pants it will be for them.

• Advertisement

the teacher thought he was as cunning as the fox that was just named Professor of Cunning at Oxford University.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Jam-Fly

Don't have any written up and I'm 99% sure the inspector won't be visiting us. (thank God)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

We've never written up any :eek: (biology)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Crunkussion

I've been through Leaving Cert Biology twice and I never handed up (or did) an experiment copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭marblesolutions

You defiently don't have to hand up any of the experiment books with your script but you are expected to hand them in to school. I really would not worry at this stage as leaving cert students are due to officially leave most schools next week.

Advertisement