Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Botanic gardens C&C

• 09-05-2009 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

hey all,

Here's a couple of shots from the botanic gardens, C&C more than welcome

C9245C08624A4FE7A01F857DDF4292E5-800.jpg

A6B0B77DBAA144D19C9F4D94192A181E-800.jpg

13A28FC143364C16BA1CA20CBD77B2DA-800.jpg

6C9AA2BBCB3E4212BBD489B75F9F42D7-800.jpg

5EBD5780F39F4C0DB0B2C20C5B678A43-800.jpg

753AB70886D642A9B5256F0B61196034-800.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭l pearse

This is a beautiful place, your third shot trican is top notch, l love it.

lt is a shame that the buildings are left to rot away, obviousley lack of funding.. Really nice set. Did you get any Sunflowers??

Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭trican

Thanks Linda,

there are so many great opportunities for photos there. It's great for a beginner like myself. As regards the "rotting glasshouse", it's just decommisioned and I think it will be repaired or replaced, I took the picture as I thought it would look "dramatic" in b&w, particularly with the weathered paint work.

Personally I don't like the lens flare ( I think that's what it's called?) in pic 3, since cloned it out.

As a beginner I'd love to hear what I can do better to improve my photos?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

I really like these! I must make a trip to the botanics some day myself. What did you use to take them and edit them?

Thanks Schlemm,

I have a Nikon D80 and with the exception of the first picture, for all the others I used an old manual focus 50mm f/1.8 lens. This lens doesnt meter on the D80, but I used a combination of the sunny 16 rule and the histogram to get a decent enough exposure.

I did the post-processing for b&w photos in Lightroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Every time I see botanics pics I say I must go, I have worked there on 3 occasions, one wedding and 2 shooting inside buildings. I have never had the time to walk around and take pics. These are lovely, well done, I love the last one.

• Advertisement

Every time I see botanics pics I say I must go, I have worked there on 3 occasions, one wedding and 2 shooting inside buildings. I have never had the time to walk around and take pics. These are lovely, well done, I love the last one.

Thanks smelltheglove!

Advertisement