Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What Satellite channels show GP2 races live?

• 09-05-2009 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭

I like to watch alot of single seater racing...more particularly those which are top class like F1, A1GP & GP2 - and all live!

I am able to watch all F1 qualifying and races live on Setanta Ireland and BBC1, most of A1gp by looking at the website and pointing a sat dish at eurobird 9 and tune in the free to air TV of some countries.

What I would like to know is where can I find out who is broadcasting live GP2. I know Setanta Ireland has the sprint races on live on Sunday morning, but for the main race there is always a clash of TV schedules resulting in the broadcast being delayed or perhaps not shown at all.

So, where could I find out who is showing if?!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭mad dave

checked this earlier,
    it is on setanta ireland this year.
    dont have it and not paying sky nearly 150 to get it.

cant seem to get it on this eircom broadband either......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Iridium

As far as I know Setanta have exclusive rights to the main GP2 Series. Which is slightly confusing, since Eurosport are the ones who show the GP2 Asia Series. I did notice that Setanta weren't showing the feature race live today - only on a taped delay. But going by past seasons they do tend to show the majority of the feature races live on Saturday afternoons. They may do so for Monaco in two weeks time.

That's just for the UK and Ireland though. From Wikipedia:
    The television rights are held by the Formula One Management, which also manages the rights to Formula One. In the UK, races are shown on Setanta Sports.[5] Setanta take up coverage of the series from ITV, whom had shown GP2 in all four seasons to date. The races are also broadcast in Canada and USA on SPEED channel before the Formula One races, while in Brazil it's broadcast by cable TV channel SportTV; at the rest of Latin America, the races are shown at Fox Sports. About other European countries: In Spain, races are broadcasted by Popular TV and La Sexta. In Germany, PayTV Channel Premiere broadcast all races Live and in Finland Pay-TV-channel MTV3 MAX broadcasts all races and qualifying live, the same level of coverage is provided in Italy by Sky Italia; in this country, Rai Due broadcasts the morning race.

Incidentally, if you have Eurosport, it might interest you to know that they will be showing the new Formula 2 championship. I believe it starts sometime this month. I'm not sure as yet though if it will be on Eurosport or Eurosport 2. I know that some companies (UPC I think is one) only carry one of the Eurosport channels.

And Sky Sports have the rights to the IndyCar Series.

might check out some of those networks to see if it can be viewed on line.

thanks for that info...

dave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Ok, here is another problem...I want to watch the GP2 Main Race live, I have Setanta Ireland only on UPC MMDS service. This weekend's Main Race is being broadcast on Setanta 2. If I even subscribed to the full Setanta pacakge, I still wouldn't be able to watch it as the UPC MMDS service does not have Setanta 2, onlt Setanta 1 and Golf.

So, here's the question again...anyone know where it is on through Satellite that is free?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Setanta Ireland will show the GP2 on both saturday and sunday this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

afatbollix wrote: »
    Setanta Ireland will show the GP2 on both saturday and sunday this weekend

Yippee, now Sat happens like this: F2 at 12.30, F1 at 1pm, GP2 at 3pm.

Sunday: GP2 9.30am, F2 at 12.30 and F1 at 1pm. Nice!

Just to clarify, any overlap in the race doesn;t matter...you'll always watch the start to see what happens!

has anyone gat an idea on how to watch them if you dont have setanta?

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DAVID/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.adverts.ie/showproduct.php?product=120555&cat=500showfull.php?product=120555&bigimage=carzone_0211.jpg

Advertisement