Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back to my roots

• 09-05-2009 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

:mad: i have recently moved here and i am looking for a hairdresser but every one seems so expensive ,, giving 80 euro for a hair colour is too much when it would buy a weeks shopping , i have tried home colours but disaster every time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭sfmonet

Hate to tell you this, but 80 for a full colour is actually very reasonable. I pay 70 for a colour and I think that's reasonable considering some places in Waterford charge upwards of 100+. Since its not every week, putting 20 a way a week to pay for it isn't so hard as 80 up front. These are the times though....:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

lack just said to me all the prices in waterford are the same,she was givin out she had t pay 130 blaas for half head highlights and a cut last time she was there,she said the same as above poster,put away money every week and then i wont seem that bad.i nearly choked on me pint when she said it cost her 130,costs me 10 euro for short back and sides :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I paid €92 last month for a full colour (necessity now ;)) and cut. I know highlights are a bit more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 deise girlie

Got a flyer in the door the other day can't find it now, I think it was for hype in Tramore. Full head of highlights for 80. Sorry if not right but said would pass it on in case offer is still running. The number is 338327. Parking is free on main street in Tramore too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jackdrel

thanks for all comments just found out that a hairdressers at the superquinn on mondays g=has trainee days and a colour and blowdry is 40 euro wee eeeeeeeeeeeee:D :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Urban Hype which is by the keystone bridge on Johns St have "Training Tuesdays" with 50% off colour. Poster in the window says to enquire within.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I was told that the hairdresser's out in the Park Inn is cheaper than most of the places in town due to not having to pay such high rents etc. Think it's called A Cut Above.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Know plenty of people who use a woman out by Ardkeen, she does it in her house. Very good and supposedly much cheaper then the general rate. If you want her number, just shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Speaking of Trainees... I remember the Hairdressing course in FAS used to invite members of the public in to be their guinea-pigs at very low rates. Maybe they still do?

In times of a recession, it'd be a nice little earner for them and they would earn a first-class air fare in no time :D

Advertisement