Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems adding PNGs to iMovie '09

Options
  • 09-05-2009 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭

Have been doing adding videos to youtube for a long time now and recently started adding in a PNG near the beginning of it, like a TV overlay. There was no problem then. However, I tried to add more, running the length of the video pretty much.

The images are PNGs sized to fit the video resolution exactly, so 1280x720 resolution.

No other variables seem to have been tampered with, but adding those extras seems to have ruined the video. Sound and video chug along at time and becomes unwatchable.

When the extra PNGs are removed, the problems dissappear. Does anyone have any idea

1) Why it happens.
    2) How to get around it.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Have been doing adding videos to youtube for a long time now and recently started adding in a PNG near the beginning of it, like a TV overlay. There was no problem then. However, I tried to add more, running the length of the video pretty much.

The images are PNGs sized to fit the video resolution exactly, so 1280x720 resolution.

No other variables seem to have been tampered with, but adding those extras seems to have ruined the video. Sound and video chug along at time and becomes unwatchable.

When the extra PNGs are removed, the problems dissappear. Does anyone have any idea

1) Why it happens.
    2) How to get around it.

Cheers.
    Try different formats like jpeg and see how that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I need to use PNG so that I can use transparency... as far as I know, you can't do that with jpeg.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Still nobody with any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Try TIFF.

Advertisement