Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help for home ec?

Options
  • 09-05-2009 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    Im struggling throught higher level home ec and was wondering if you had any ideas on what you think will come up??
    What should i focus in on, and what do you think is worth revising at this stage?
    All comments will be greatly appreciated! Thanks alot :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭xXx-Ginny-xXx

ensure you know your options question inside out(hopefully your doin the social 1..imo its the easiest):)

also question 1..i knw they say not too but look thru the past papers an look at patterns see what also hasnt come up!..there does tend to be trends in this paper!
    i would leave out them itty chapters in the middle like hygiene, food proccesses..blah..there never really a long question.

home ec does take study evn if it is a so-called easy subject the course is huge..also practice doin past papers in time..time is such a downfall in this exam..you,ve so muc 2 write an so little time

i got an A1 last year..it was down to study and an excellent teacher 4 5 years!

Best of luck wit it..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Know vits ADEK like the back of your hand, and also meat (paper was written around the time of the pork scare)
    and know your social studies and you should be ok!
    if you can get all of your social right youv got yourself 140 marks, so there the main bits to be focusing on!:)
    Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Stressed!

Know nutrients, vitamins, foods backwards!! Look out for iron cause i feel it may appear! Got A1 last year and did the housing and environment option for elective.....simple!!

Advertisement