Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish National Hot Air Balloon Championship 2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Just checked in on the run here getting ready for Piltown. The glow will be spectacular. I heard it described last year as giant musical lightbulbs! We're all set for it anyway.. Crews are briefed and we're ready for the show. We've a short flight at 6ish from Piltown then a pack up and straight into the Quay to get set up. Hope you all enjoy it. Remember the tripods for the cameras!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭anon11

Is there anything going on friday night?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 mrsoriordan2be

Is there going to be a launch from the quays tongiht?

Just home from the night glow. Tired and hungry now! Crews were happy with the glow and hopefully it was worth the wait for the spectators too. Sorry for the delays but its just not easy to get set up, especially when the wind wasn't overly stable. Getting the balloons laid out in the right direction and in such a cramped space was tough going so thanks for bearing with us.

We'll launch again tomorrow morning, Friday from behind the Woodlands Hotel. I have no certain info for tomorrow evening, which will be the last flight of the championships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Certainly a good day and one to add for sleep deprivation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Night Glow was fantastic.. thanks to the guys for all the hard work. they'l deserve a good party tomorrow night :D

was hard get a good photo from the quays because of the masts of the boat but this'l give ye a quick glimpse of what you missed

nightglow.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

3953103288_c6c91cf522.jpg

3952326341_c867ed4f56.jpg

3953102418_857c35defc.jpg

3952325665_16ab5f9e23.jpg

3952325505_234313aa35.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah someone broke your lens ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭next

are they flying again tmorrow ?

next wrote: »
    are they flying again tmorrow ?

One or two of them might but I think thats the end of the championships for now. It'll move to somewhere else in the country next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭next

well feck ! I was realy looking forward to seeing them but was out of town for the week and just got back in,

Hey all,

Hope you all enjoyed seeing the balloons in the skies over Waterford again. Fair play to the blaas of all sorts (and the South KK's!) who impressed the crews so much with welcomes, craic, and generally just being really decent to the flying visitors. Maybe they'll come back some day, but for now for me anyway its back to getting Discover Waterford in the air the odd time and hopefully taking it around Europe to fly the blaa flag. Fingers crossed it'll be seen in the skies around the UK and possibly Italy next year.

Could I ask a favour to anyone here who took some good photos of the championships? Because I spent my time dragging ropes around and getting them into the air and landed, I didnt have my camera with me. I've set up an email address to gather up some photos.

balloonphotoswaterford@gmail.com

Its just so myself and the gang who organised the festival can have some photos of it. I might stick one or two on my own facebook etc for friends abroad who didnt make it to see.

No hassle if ye'd prefer to keep them to yourselves, I know theres plenty of photographers here who's business it is not to be handing out photos. But there might be a few fellow amateurs who have a couple they could share.

Thanks a lot!

A few pix

3974537054_600d0c5c8c_o.jpg

3974537044_e3be6cb3ee_o.jpg