Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creche dropped child

Options
  • 09-05-2009 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Creche dropped child but covered it up and didn't inform parents etc. What can be done?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

How do you know? Do you work there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭siobhan.murphy

was the child hurt?
    if not whats the problem accidents happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Any injuries from this?
    If there isn't what exactly do you want done here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭aoibhebree

More detail please!! Was the child injured, how old were they, are you the parent or do you work there or what, how did you find out about this, etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Check your contract with the creche, find out what the reporting proceedure is with your local child care commitee and if needs be seek legal advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

Friend's wife and sister in law worked in creche but left. It's another friend's child who was dropped off a changing mat on a countertop to the floor. Got bad bump on head.

This is tearing me up.... I don't know what to do folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Was the child yours?
    Was it hurt (I'm guessing not since they got away without mentioning it directly)?
    If the child is hurt, and it was a registered creche, there will be an insurance policy to look after any medical expenses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Well I suppose the first thing to do is see a doctor to confirm there was no harm from a bump on the head.

But you obviously know this already

The parents were told the child toppled over and got a bump which they accepted but nothing was written in the accident book in the creche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

But how do you know for definite the child fell off the counter? if your friend's wife or SIL saw it happen, they should have entered it in the incident book. Were they prevented from doing so?

It sounds like it happened a while back. If the child is okay now, what is the issue?

• Advertisement

kelle wrote: »
    But how do you know for definite the child fell off the counter? if your friend's wife or SIL saw it happen, should they not have entered it in the incident book?

That's why they no longer work there and their friend also left...

Well then they would be that parties which should be exposing this not you.

What's the best way to "expose" this then?

They should talk to their local child care Committee and follow the complaints procedure and consider getting legal advice.
    This should be actioned properly and followed through for the sake of the children in the creche rather then bandied about
    on the internet, so with that in mind I am locking this thread.

Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement