Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shock - Ireland cheapest in world!

• 09-05-2009 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

I am looking to buy an asus 1000h netbook (mini laptop) and thought I'd get it cheaper in the USA / Germany / UK. Nope the cheapest place to buy ASUS netbooks is misco.ie @ €340 inc vat - even dabs.ie is cheaper than usa / UK for this item

Germany was €399, UK was £349, USA was $379 + sales tax

Is this a record??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

darc wrote: »
    USA was $379 + sales tax

Is this a record??

$379 plus 8% sales tax is €305.... according to XE, so even round it up to an even €320, still cheaper..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

majiktripp wrote: »
    $379 plus 8% sales tax is €305.... according to XE, so even round it up to an even €320, still cheaper..

Delivery?

He makes no mention of delivery being taken into account, merely the "cheapest" place in the world to buy it. And that clearly is the USA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,096 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

What about the 21.5% vat and import handling fee re the US?

Yet again , he implies Ireland is THE cheapest country in the world to buy it in as per the Thread title, regardless of shipping/duty/excise etc. A US citizen buying the laptop in the USA would pay less for it than an Irish man would buying the laptop in Ireland. Therefore Ireland is not the cheapest in the World.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

ASUS EEEPC 1000h from 309.28 incl VAT ex delivery in Germany but shipping from this particular dealer only to Germany
    http://www.guenstiger.de/gt/main.asp?produkt=767769 (scroll down, more prices from other dealers at the bottom)

notebook.de €319 incl VAT+ €30p&P for delivery to EU with UPS (cash on delivery)

misco.ie €340 incl VAT+ €25 domestic delivery (CreditCard)

shock - Ireland not the cheapest country in the world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

I got my Lenovo S10e for 270 from a friend with a friend with a friend who worked in IBM.. Least I think it was 270, either way I saved a bomb on it ^^

Prices don't seem to vary too much from what I've seen when it comes to hardware or prebuilt/laptops.

Advertisement