Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mislead on subscription service -cannot get out of it.....

Options
  • 09-05-2009 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hi all,

I was stupid enough to create an account in what could be described as a dodgy website . after a day or two I 'upgraded' my membership to a monthly subscription. a few days later I cancelled my account, which I presumed would also include my subscription... however 3 months on i'm still getting charged a monthly fee, even though I no longer have an account there... upon reading the terms and conditions i discovered that:

"
    4.3 Monthly Payment
    4.3.1 If you upgrade to a monthly payment package, a payment will be debited from your account each month until you cancel your account. Please note that if you cancel the subscription service and you are a monthly subscriber you MUST first cancel the payment before cancelling the service. Failure to do so will result in your account continuing to be charged and there will be no right to a cancellation fee.
    To see how you can cancel your monthly subscription please click here.

...so i failed to cancel the payment before cancelling the account as they say above...
    ....but they give me no instructions as to how to fix the problem.... the 'click here' link above brings me back to that same page again and so is no help...
    ...there is also no way of e mailing them or phoning them as far as I can see.....
    ....all the while they are helping themselves to my credit card account....

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Contact your credit card provider and get them to cancel the DD on their end. That way any DDs presented in the future will be returned unpaid to the originator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Toots85 wrote: »
    Contact your credit card provider and get them to cancel the DD on their end. That way any DDs presented in the future will be returned unpaid to the originator.
    There is no such thing as Direct Debit from a credit card.

Fantin - contact your bank or card provider first thing in the morning. They should be able to do a chargeback for the payments, and will be able to advise you on what to do to stop further payments from going through.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Kensington wrote: »

Fantin - contact your bank or card provider first thing in the morning. They should be able to do a chargeback for the payments, and will be able to advise you on what to do to stop further payments from going through.

Yes there is, personally I've several bills set up to pay from my CC by direct debit, and they all show up the same way they do on a current account, and I'm afforded the same rights in regards to them as if they were taken from my current account. Not all companies will accept DD payments on credit cards though, because they can run into problems if the customer's credit card number changes, ie if they lose their card and have to order another one or when their card expires and another one is issued.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kensington wrote: »

Yeah there is, i set them up for people every other day, my phone bill comes out of my visa

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

krudler wrote: »
    Yeah there is, i set them up for people every other day, my phone bill comes out of my visa

I believe you, however they are not known as Direct Debits

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

this another ringtone scam is it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    this another ringtone scam is it ??

pron I bet

(not judging)

A quick Google informs me it's a swingers website (no pun intended), regardless of what it is, the same procedure applies to canceling the payment.

Advertisement