Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabobank Login Data Incorrect

Options
  • 09-05-2009 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Opened an account three years ago but now getting "Login data incorrect" when trying to login. I put some small amount when opened and activated the Digipass properly so not sure what could be wrong here. The Digipass is OK, it's generating seemingly correct access numbers but when I enter them on the login page, I get the above error. Tried three times, not sure if there's any limit on failed attempts. What could be the problem? I know I didn't use it for quite a while but there was no restriction on this. The Rabo site doesn't seem to have anything on this.
    Cheers :)

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Post moved to it's own thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Contact their helpline - I've found them quite good in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Thanks:) I know, I'll need them to fix it but I just try to see if anybody had anything similar.

They did fix it after the call but still I find this pretty bad when they block access without any reason and notifications. Might even be illegal. Surprised nobody experienced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

none wrote: »
    Opened an account three years ago ... I put some small amount when opened
    To confirm, you opened it 3 years ago, put some money into it, and then left it alone for 3 years?

• Advertisement

Yes, what's wrong with that? That's a savings account after all.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If there hasn't been any movement on the account in 3 years it might have gone dormant, which could have been what caused the restrictions on it.

I understand that something like this happened. What I don't understand is why there is nothing about it in their T&C and why I got no notifications about it. Three years by any means is too little to put an account into dormant status.

Three years is the standard for accounts to go dormant. Basically all it means is that the bank needs to verify you before allowing the account to be accessed. A lot can happen in 3 years, so they need to be sure that the person trying to use the account is the rightful owner.

If your account is dormant for 15 years, it goes to the NTMA,but the banks write to you in advance of this happening, because once the account goes to the NTMA, it is closed.

Is there anything about 3 years on Rabo site? I might have overlooked it. And they can also make it dormant without any notifications??

• Advertisement

AFAIK, there's no obligation for them to advise you in advance of it going '3 year dormant', however they do have to if it's approaching the 15yr mark, because it'll go to the NTMA. I'm not familiar with Rabo's terms and conditions, are they solely internet based or do you get anything on paper when you open an account with them?

I guess I won't stay with them too long as I see that bloody "Login Data Incorrect" error again. It's barely a week since I last used it and they found me insufficiently active and blocked again! Can't see myself using an Internet bank which doesn't allow me to use it via the Internet but instead requires me to call them every now and then to confirm that I am who I am and still interested in them. That's if keeping money isn't enough to prove my interest! By the way, just transferred another amount to them and they blocked me in response! Really surprised no one had this problem.

Dear Customer,

We're sorry, but the RaboDirect site is experiencing some technical difficulties and is temporarily unavailable. Please bear with us while we work to restore services as quickly as possible.

If you need assistance in the meantime, please call our Customer Contact Center on 1850 88 22 22, Monday to Friday between 8:00am and 7:00pm.

God! They're really terrible! I don't know if they know anything about finances but their technical side is one big glitch. Can't even submit a complaint on their site (see above), I'm not even mentioning that they, being advertised as an Internet company, never responded to my emails. I think I was actually lucky that I didn't use them for the last couple of years as they would have probably driven me crazy by now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

God! They're really terrible! I don't know if they know anything about finances but their technical side is one big glitch.

Never had a problem with them. In fact I'd say they are probably one of the best banks out there. The only thing I don't like is their interest rates. :)

Advertisement