Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD to Jobstown Tallaght

Options
  • 09-05-2009 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Is it easy to get from UCD to Jobstown using public transport? How long would it take?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

well,I've only made the trip once.But it took nearly 2 hours in normal traffic on the bus

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭CMBT

Holy God, ok going to have to rethink using the bus.
    Thanks for that info.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Bus from Jobstown to town takes anywhere from 45 mins to an hour and a half. If you can get to the Luas which takes approx 50 mins to town, but thats not including the time it takes you to get to the luas.

Once you're in town the 10s which go to UCD are fairly frequent, however, this depends on the time of day etc. Usually takes approx 30mins to UCD from what I remember.

So minimum two hours - not allowing for weather, traffic and all other things that effect travel.

I personally moved to the other side of the city rather than face that commute. Its nicer here, better buses. lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

There are a couple of options of avoiding the city centre:
    You could take the 75 to Stillorgan from the Square and then any of the 46A, 145, 84, 746 to UCD from there - journey time on the 75 would be 45 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes depending on the time of day and then another 10-15 minutes appx. to UCD.

Alternatively route 54A to KCR and then onto route 17, or route 65/65B to Terenure and then route 17. Again journey time of about 1 hour 30 mins or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

KC61 wrote: »
    There are a couple of options of avoiding the city centre:
    You could take the 75 to Stillorgan from the Square and then any of the 46A, 145, 84, 746 to UCD from there - journey time on the 75 would be 45 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes depending on the time of day and then another 10-15 minutes appx. to UCD.

Alternatively route 54A to KCR and then onto route 17, or route 65/65B to Terenure and then route 17. Again journey time of about 1 hour 30 mins or so.
    But the 17 is one of the worst services on the schedule...

75 to Stillorgan is the better option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

But the 17 is one of the worst services on the schedule...

75 to Stillorgan is the better option.

The 17 is actually quite reliable, but I would think that the 75 might be easier to predict as the OP would be getting it from the terminus.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 senape

75 to Stillorgan is better but not for Jobstown cause it only leaves from the square. It's not always on time but better in the morn and when you get to Stillorgan the 46A doesn't run from the shopping centre stop till 9:30 (at least that was the story last year)

I'd seriously look into getting a car or motorbike TBH. I did the UCD commute from the Tallaght but I'm near the village so I had more options and it was still hell!

I got a car in final year it was much better altho u still have the traffic issue if ur in for 9, but definitely the better option.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭CMBT

Thanks for all that info guys,think the car is the only way to go.

Advertisement