Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Percolation...who's responsible???

• 09-05-2009 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hi All,
    Bought a house four years ago but since last year my lawn started flooding when there was heavy rain. Water got into my septic tank and blew the two pumps on my puraflo system. We replaced them (750 euro) but lawn continued flooding. Have now discovered percolation area is blocked, which has caused major ponding on the lawn and destroyed the puraflo modules which cost a grand to replace. Went to builder with report saying percolation area is insufficent and was basically told ''four years later its not my problem, tough, go away its bord na monas fault'':confused:
    Is it up to the vendor to sort out the percolation???
    Thanks in advance

B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,433 ✭✭✭sinnerboy

You are responsible now being the building owner I am sorry to tell you . You may try to recover costs from other parties - but you will need legal advice for that which is not offered on this forum .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Kricket

Had similar problem , put submersiblem pump into septin tank and it took out all excess water and sorted sockage problems excuse spelling as i cannot find ABC ,

Think outside the box

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Kricket wrote: »
    Had similar problem , put submersiblem pump into septin tank and it took out all excess water and sorted sockage problems excuse spelling as i cannot find ABC ,

Think outside the box

kricket, two things...
    if you are going to post that highlighted "think outside the box" mantra every time, then please use the signature function to do so... as that is what it is for...!!!

secondly, please be careful here when giving advice... please give full details..

you do not say where you pumped your 'excess water' to... you did not say how often youve had to do this....

without these details your information can be considered dangerous...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,466 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Best solution would be to redo the percolation area. Alot of these would have been very poorly done by builders in the boom years. After all people were buying anything that was available.
    If the area is easily accessible for excavator, it wouldnt be a big job.

The above assumes that your site doesnt have a general drainage problem, i.e. trapped rainwater or excessively high groundwater level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 bozley

Ya mickdw,
    my neighbours had their groundwork done by the same guy who did ours. They had to replace their percolation area after 8 years.And they reckon he wasnt even qualified to do it!!! Surely I have some sort of redress in regards to the vendor empolying a guy who obviously didnt have a clue what he was doing. My solicitor reckons it is up to him to replace it as we bought a house which clearly states in the contract that there is drainage to the property. She then says it would be up to the vendor to take it up with the surveyor who signed off the property. If we were to replace it what kind of money are we talking?? The area is accesable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement