Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone in ireland making proper pork pies

• 09-05-2009 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there anyone making proper pork pies.
    Wickhams in Enniscorthy used to, but since their fire I have had to resort to Tesco, and they are barely edible.
    FYI , the Tesco value pork pies taste like poo, eat at your peril.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Thought this thread was going to be about election promises

oh well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pork pies are sadly an alien concept in this country. Like steak and kidney, or ******s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,054 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

M&S do a pretty good pork pie.

Tesco Melton Malbray aren't bad and there are also Tesco finest pies which are no better but more expensive.
    Problem is: most Tesco stores don't sell either and , yes, the Tesco value pies are worse than pooh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Oh no, you've just made me verrrrry hungry :p I too lust after a proper pork pie at regular intervals, but have to make do with occasional trips back to England to satisfy my cravings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

mike65 wrote: »
    Pork pies are sadly an alien concept in this country. Like steak and kidney, or ******s.
    What are ******s :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hehe! Fag-gots Bloody boards censors. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

M&S do a pretty good pork pie.

Tesco Melton Malbray aren't bad and there are also Tesco finest pies which are no better but more expensive.
    Problem is: most Tesco stores don't sell either and , yes, the Tesco value pies are worse than pooh!

I agree about the tesco melton mobray and the finest. they are quite good, but in my area they have been unavailabe for the last 6 months.

Advertisement