Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Swords?

Options
  • 09-05-2009 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

We're looking to move to Swords and are particularly interested in the River Valley area. Looking at areas like the streets with Brookdale, Forest, River Valley in the address which are all close to but south of the park.

Would really appreciate feedback from anyone living in these areas as to what it would be like for a young family who'd appreciate using the park and other amenities while hoping to avoid the type of bad elements where we live right now (lot of underage drinking, boy racers, scumbags etc. etc.) We do have friends living in Swords who are predominatly positive but we don't know anyone in these areas specifically. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Elliee

Ill be brutally honest with you in giving my opinion, I would not buy or live in Rivervalley. The huge park is invested with under age drinkers and not a safe place to walk alone after dark, over the years many women have been attacked even one raped in that park.

The area is too sprawled out, its a massive area within swords and there was (im not sure whether it still goes on) but there is a tension between rivervalley and swords manor (the other side of the park).

Rivervalley has a nice resturant (Peacocks) Other than being in there I stay away from rivervalley.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Elliee wrote: »
    Ill be brutally honest with you in giving my opinion, I would not buy or live in Rivervalley.

:eek::eek::eek:

I've lived in Rivervalley for 26 years and raised my family here. We have a wonderful sense of community and the schools are really good. (And if you live in Rivervalley your children will definitely get into the primary school - unlike a lot of other areas with no schools serving them)There are GAA and soccer teams, and plenty more besides for children to join.
    Every area in the country has its share of scumbags etc, and Rivervalley is no worse than any of them.
    We could have moved away from the area over the years if we'd wanted to but we wouldn't dream of it, it's a great place to raise a family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Elliee wrote: »
    Ill be brutally honest with you in giving my opinion, I would not buy or live in Rivervalley. The huge park is invested with under age drinkers and not a safe place to walk alone after dark, over the years many women have been attacked even one raped in that park.

The area is too sprawled out, its a massive area within swords and there was (im not sure whether it still goes on) but there is a tension between rivervalley and swords manor (the other side of the park).

Rivervalley has a nice resturant (Peacocks) Other than being in there I stay away from rivervalley.

Nah Rivervalley is not a bad place to move to.

That park is basically part of the Jacko which is the valley that divides the Manor and Rivervalley, people should not walk through it at night regardless, its common sense.

As for the rival thing, that finished years ago, I went to school with the lads who were involved in that, plus innocent people were never dragged into it.

One place you don't move to is Holywell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Lady_North

Another Rivervalley resident here. 21 years, four kids later and I still love it. It has a great sense of community, lots of football, gaa, brownies, guides, scouts etc around. school is excellent. I can understand the comments about not walking through the valley at night, it is not a great place to go but show me any park in Dublin where you would be safe and I bet you are lying. Why would you want to go through there in the dark anyway. All I can say is I love living here.

I am in the older part of Rivervalley. Not to many kids around here now, Brookdale end of the estate better if you are looking for playmates for your kids.

Advertisement