Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G36c or K or 416

Options
  • 09-05-2009 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Was in Eirsoft today and was like an excited kid, couldnt even get the words out of my mouth and the girlfriend was asking if I was ok

Anyway, Im just starting out so Im looking for advice on what to go for, so far Ive limited my choices to the G36C, the G36K or the HK416, all JG
    They are all roughly in my pricerange but I just cant really pick which one, tbh Im leaning towards the K but I could be swayed

So as Im starting out Im hoping that whichever 1 I get wont need much work done and if anything does go wrong, itll be easy enough to work on

With JG being tough to get at the moment what are the chances that it can all go bust, if it hasnt already, there would be trouble getting parts or is it safe to say that TM parts will go with them

If Jebus is out there can he shed some light on it and if hes not can any of you

Cheers lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I wouldn't put money on JG disappearing completely. They'll probably just pay their bribes elsewhere and set up again.

Personally those are all fine choices. The only consideration with the choice is stanag mags. They're easier to use/get, smaller and more stuff like vests work with them. I used to be a massive G36 head, but the mags just pissed me off after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I dont like armalites (apart from the original vietnam one)
    so would opt for the G36

but gotta say not a fan of G36 mags.....had major mag issues today with midcaps for them,

Sooooo.......If I had the choice I'd get the G36 and a magwell conversion kit so you can use stanag (m4) mags.
    The stanag mags seem to be the most commen and hassle free and can be used with different AEG's and possible shared
    between team mates.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

The gearbox in each of them is pretty much the same across the board so you shouldnt have much issue with the internals. JG have a rep for being rock solid from the G36 and the 416.

The 416 will likely have a longer internal barrel than the G36C which will give you better range/accuracy. Cant say for certain that the inner barrel on the G36K would be longer, Dex or Masada would be able to give you a better idea.

Over all I would go for the 416 since the number of after market accessories etc available is mind boggling and the version 2 & 3 gearboxes used are the staples of the community (i.e. you'll like find a dozen quality walkthroughs on the web should you need to crack her open).

As Gerrout said there is the issue of mags, this is actually more important than you would think as the '36 mags are fecking awkward gits at the best of times and you are limiting your ability to beg a mag from someone else during a firefight. The M4 style mag is as much a standard in airsoft as it is in reality and its saved my bacon a couple of times (on the odd occasion I have been out to skirmish).

Word of warning: M4's and 416's are like benylin. You start out with small doses but before you know it you are going back to the bottle for that snarky "between" doses shot of happiness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Chunkylover

cheers lads, still looking at the the g36k and will move on with the conversion kit but im still being swayed by the the 416

damn it, is it always this tough picking out an airsoft gun

damn it, is it always this tough picking out an airsoft gun

Depends on how much money you have.

• Advertisement

Is there anything that can be done with that fuggly battery box to the side of the 416 or is it just like the little mole on Julia Roberts, that slight imperfection that makes it perfect :D

Is there anything that can be done with that fuggly battery box to the side of the 416 or is it just like the little mole on Julia Roberts, that slight imperfection that makes it perfect :D

I know what you mean ... there is something unsightly about them but you kind of miss it when its gone. Like genital warts.

Your options are pretty much down to changing to a full stock (m16 style) which will let you take a nice chunky 3700MaH battery. Personally, having used a number of collapsable stocks I find the solid ones to actaully be more comfortable (which will amaze anyone who has ever seen my diminutive frame trying to shoulder a G3!).

Finding a handguard that will accept a minitype battery (the Top Tech 416 does this as far as I know).

Do a complete overhaul and switch to a LiPo set up. The LiPo's are a little more complex in that they require a different charger than the standard NIMH or NICD batteries but they are the Kate Moss to the standard battery packs Mary Harney. The LiPo's are more environmentally friendly to satisfy your carbon conscience and they tend to come in higher voltages which will up your rate of fire (if you are in to that sort of thing). The down side to LiPo's is that for any descent set up you'll need to do a wiring job on your kit and potentially swap out a few pieces.

Some of the more technically inclined posters (namely NakedDex, ExtremeTax, KDouglas or Masada) should be able to give you more info on your options. I have heard of some extremely exotic set ups including retrofitting your magazines with batteries and running the contacts through the magwell. Genius idea but rather complex for those of us with the engineering ability of a blind hedgehog in a bag.

Its still a better bet than the G36 in my opinion. But then I'm a well known M4 whore.

Looks like ill be makin my way to eirsoft on saturday (as long as they have 1 in stock) and picking up a 416, cheers for that help lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭MiniAirsofter

Looks like ill be makin my way to eirsoft on saturday (as long as they have 1 in stock) and picking up a 416, cheers for that help lads

Just an idea. Why not buy the HK416 Long? It has a full stock instead of the collapsible so you don't need the PEQ box.

Advertisement