Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D!ckhead players online

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

OP, have you completed the achievement to complete all the campaigns on expert difficulty? I'd say in doing that you'll learn when and where you should be on the map and at each trigger point.

In versus, get a mic and ASK where you should be next. Communicate. If you are spawning as the smoker, ask them where they need you next. If you are a n00b then assume the n00b position on the team. The only thing worse than n00bs is n00bs that either don't communicate or who don't play in a team. In L4D this is a sure fire way to get yourself kicked.

Also, be glad you haven't played with marshbab00n :P I've never seen a guy manage to make so many people on his own team and the enemy team rage quit :D

One example, I get pounced by a Hunter:

marshbab00n: ****ing gay moron, what a fag, look at you now
    me: Get me up, help me
    marshbab00n: Oh you want my help, you should of thought of that before getting pounced on
    me: dude, seriously, just heal me
    marshbab00n: lol, no *throws molotov on me*
    me: wtf???
    marshbab00n: ****, a hunter pounced me now, why the **** wheren't you watching my back???
    me: because I'm on the ground, on fire, and have a hoard of zombies on my ass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

The more I experience online multiplayer games, the happier I am that I can bring my computer to a friend's house and have a small LAN there. The stupidity, childishness and lack of respect from the over-18s alone is breathtaking, and I'll have no part of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

at least in tf2 you can usually just start killing anyone who annoys you, thanks to the teams being scrambled. The class system means you can generally succeed if you select an appropriate class and specifically target them. (In arena anyways)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

way to many rage quiters in l4d. Teams can be very unbalanced sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I blame the schools not teaching kids "sportsmanship" anymore.

I do find it annoying when you are new to a game and trying your best but your "team-mates" scream blue murder at you for making a tiny mistake. Whats worse is people who actively go to the trouble of giving you a bad review online by labeling you "unsporting." Sorry I guess I shouldn't have gone to work today, survival in a fictional game is much more important than a mortgage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

The fact that it's at a tournament excuses nothing!

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

for a lot of people young and old, whether its on a forum like here or playing a game online etc then anonymity of the interwebs seems to make them think it's ok to be a douche.

I'll generally not bother with a headset unless its really needed or am playing with people i know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Public play is normally full of this. Join a clan, either a competitive one or just a fun one. Its the best fun you'll ever have playing games with m8's, getting together to go lanning etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭CrazyTalk

Maximilian wrote: »

OP, assuming you're playing on a PC then join the Boards Steam group - you won't get yelled at too much by people you have at least some kind of association with.

Yeah, I am, How do I go about joining?

Anyways, I was playing with a friend last night anyways and it was a LOT more fun. Guess I had bad luck concerning the people I was playing with the other night.
    That pic you posted was gas btw :D

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

It's pretty straightforward. In Steam, click on the Community Tab, then My Control Panel. You'll see three tabs below your name, one of which is Groups. Click on the Groups tab, then Browse Groups. Put in Boards.ie in the search box top right and you should find it easy & join.

Add me as a friend when you do that & I'll get you in on a few games with only 50% shouting abuse at you guaranteed. You'll see me in the Boards.ie group members. My steam name is currently Mr. Snuggles (because that's an appropriate name for L4D) and my avatar pic is me with lampshade on my head.

Easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Stephen wrote: »
    I've been having a pretty good experience with L4D since it came out in November, but I suspect that's mostly because I play with people from my steam friends list as much as possible. That said, there's been plenty of random strangers in our games that have been skilled and not arseholes too.

I find the opposite to be true on xbox live though.

Yeah, we just hassle you about your ping instead :)

Plus, I can never eat burger king again thanks to your spray.

Maximilian wrote: »
    It's pretty straightforward. In Steam, click on the Community Tab, then My Control Panel. You'll see three tabs below your name, one of which is Groups. Click on the Groups tab, then Browse Groups. Put in Boards.ie in the search box top right and you should find it easy & join.

Add me as a friend when you do that & I'll get you in on a few games with only 50% shouting abuse at you guaranteed. You'll see me in the Boards.ie group members. My steam name is currently Mr. Snuggles (because that's an appropriate name for L4D) and my avatar pic is me with lampshade on my head.

Easy.

So you are Not Not Captain Lampshade anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Mind if I add you too Max?

Getting tired of having to spend 20 minutes messing around lobbys trying to find sound players on a decent server :S

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Jumpy wrote: »

I was never Cpt. Lampshade. And yeah, the BK thing is just scary.
    uRbaN wrote: »

Getting tired of having to spend 20 minutes messing around lobbys trying to find sound players on a decent server :S

Sure. The more the merrier.

Jumpy wrote: »

I was never Cpt. Lampshade.
    uRbaN wrote: »

Sure. The more the merrier.

I know, you were Not Captain Lampshade.

urban, I am there under JuMpArOuNd

Advertisement