Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insulating 3 external walls??/

Options
  • 09-05-2009 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

My mother built on a single storey extension 8 years ago to the side of her house (approx 4m by 7m) and it has three external walls. It was part of a complete renovation of the house and reputable builders were used. The cavity walls walls were insulated but not sure what with. Would there be any benefit in injecting additional insulation in to the cavity walls. The room is used as a living room and can be quite cold in winter compared to the rest of the house. Three external walls are I guess part of the problem. There is no access to the roof to add additional insulation. Any thoughts greatly appreciated...thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

My first call would be to check the roof insulation cause this is generally where all the heat gets lost from. Hope someone has better advice though.

You can inject insulation into the wall but it will be pointless if the roof is uninsulated

• Registered Users Posts: 4 glenjack

Attic insulation is probably your best bet.Access to the attic is your only problem.Have you considered putting an access trap-door in? Could be the only solution

Advertisement