Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games Advise

Options
  • 09-05-2009 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hey I never got around to a couple of games when they first came out so anyone help me out?

First off Left 4 Dead, does anyone still play it, and around how much could I get it for?

And FIFA 09, O really wanna get into a sports game but never got this ( which is fairly stupid seen as within the first week in Tescos it was actually 25 euro!). Should I get this or wait til FIFA 10?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭ballybay_eh

Hey I never got around to a couple of games when they first came out so anyone help me out?

First off Left 4 Dead, does anyone still play it, and around how much could I get it for?

And FIFA 09, O really wanna get into a sports game but never got this ( which is fairly stupid seen as within the first week in Tescos it was actually 25 euro!). Should I get this or wait til FIFA 10?

I have both these games and still play them both pretty frequently. I have an Xbox 360 and since you didn't mention what platform you've got I'll assume you've got the same.

Left 4 Dead is a fantastic game that a lot of people still play online. Valve, the creators, just released a free update for it with a completely new game type and additions to two of the original maps. Valve are great for updating and supporting their games so it wouldn't be a surprise for them to release more maps for it in the future.

It's available on http://www.shopto.net/XBOX%20360/GAMES/XB2LE06-Left%204%20Dead.html for what works out as just over 31 quid including p&p. I've never used this site before though so I can't vouch for their service.

FIFA 09 is also very good game (although obviously very different). Many critics highlighted it as the first time the series has surpassed the Pro Evolution Soccer franchise. Whether or not you buy it now largely depends on how soon you want it and whether or not having the fully up-to-date version with up-to-date players is important (e.g. Andrei Arshavin is not at Arsenal in the game). 25 quid isn't bad but it's available from both Blahdvd.com and Gameplay for less than 20.

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?ProductCode=XT1389
    http://www.blahdvd.com/Games/FIFA-09-Xbox-360/EA67878/product.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Thank you very much mate, yes I have a 360...

OK I think I will get L4D because it looks bril and there isnt really any reason why I dont have it already.

I think Ill hold out on FIFA til a couple of months.

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me out :)

I appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hi i agree with ballybay as i have both also, now left for dead is awesome great online believe me!

fifa 09 is class but TBH your better off waiting on fifa 10 as that game will be all online and fifa 09 online will die a death ok?

best of luck and happy gaming!!

Ray:)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,297 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Youre a week slow asking - Left 4 dead was 40% off last weekend. Its a great game and I suspect it will continue to receive new content over time, in a similar fashion to TF2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Definitely wait for fifa 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

The survival pack has just been released (free) for L4D. There is a flood of returning players. You wont have trouble finding a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Thanks everybody for your replies, Im gonna skip on FIFA til next year but I think I'll give L4D a shot over the weekend.

Advertisement