Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow internet (high packet loss) around Limerick, South Clare etc.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

Same story with me in Scarriff (east clare).

Isp is UTV, they logged a fault with eircon but they just said it was contention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Gaw_ wrote: »
    Same story with me in Scarriff (east clare).

Isp is UTV, they logged a fault with eircon but they just said it was contention.

UTV have no idea WTF is going on outside of Queensland - Don't listen to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Eircom rang me back yeserday:

I explained the line serves no use for gaming or anything that intends on stressing the line any minor little bit, He said he cant see anything wrong with the line, But there seems to be an ongoing download from my home line, Even with the router plugged out. After explaining im not an idiot and i understand networking quite well he said that he will see what he can do for speeding up the line but it seems there isnt an issue, I think my next best bet is the telecommunications regulator - Failure to supply an advertised service, Breach of Contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Speedhaak

I've been getting fiercely under-performing broadband for a few weeks now. I'm renting a 7mb line from Eircom but regular tests on speedtest.net show me that the line is only sitting at 1.5mb, I find it highly amusing Eircom are parading around bragging on about next generation broadband and fibre optics when then can't even sort out the current generation, of which - lets be honest - they FAIL big time at.

Trying to play any form of gaming online is a feckin' nightmare for me at the moment.

Advertisement