Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reporting Posts Timelimit Reduction

Options
  • 10-05-2009 12:56am

Howdy,

Something I mentioned before I think, can't remember what the outcome was (if indeed I did mention it) - can the timeframe for reducing the time reporting posts be reduced from 60 seconds to something shorter? Say, 30 seconds or something like that? Yes I'm coming up against the 60 second limit when reporting posts on unmentionables again.

Thanks.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Nark!

Nah - I've come across this as well. Especially if I'm online during the Irish night. Doesn't really bother me too much.

I thought this was going to be about limiting the time you can report a post e.g. if a thread got bumped and there was an abusive post 6 months ago. Should this be able to be reported? I believe this happened in After hours earlier on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I'd like to see the time limit for posting scrapped altogether for certain user groups e.g. mods and maybe subscribers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Good point. I shouldn't be penalised for having both a sharp wit and 27 fingers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It's probably tied to the general posting floodgate restriction because reporting a post is *essentially* making a post (mods will understand).

I agree that it should be less restricted for certain usergroups.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Steve wrote: »
    It's probably tied to the general posting floodgate restriction because reporting a post is *essentially* making a post (mods will understand).

I agree that it should be less restricted for certain usergroups.

But thoese posts dont count any more some maybe there could be something that could be done about it

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

6 fingers on each hand, 6 toes on each foot and you're the chick from Total Recall?

I second this motion. Or fourth it or whatever.

Advertisement