Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don't like the taste of water...

• 10-05-2009 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Well, maybe it's just our tap, but it tastes horrible.

That's why I normally drink Mi Wadi/Robinsons. Are they bad for me? I could drink around 5-6 pint glasses a day.

If they're bad for me, what can I add to water to make it taste better but still be good for me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

I used not to like water much at all, but what I found helped was starting off with the suggested concentration of sugar-free mi-wadi (1 to 5 or whatever) and slowly decreasing it to about 1 to 10, then reduce it again to a dash etc. Do it over the space of a good few weeks or even a month or two and your taste buds will gradually adapt. Then you will find you can just drink water straight so much easier - nowadays I love drinking water (to the point where people often call be an aquaholic :o:o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

A slice of lemon or lime added to a jug will perk up the taste. You could try getting a Brita filter too to make the tap water taste better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yes, lemon is good, I just have a bottle of lemon juice and stick a few drops in, or have heavily diluted mi-wadi as mentioned.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I agree- lemon or lime and maybe chilled water with ice when the weather's warmer, very refreshing. Have you tried bottled water, if you think it might just be tap that you have an aversion to?
    Ha, you're in Waterford and you don't like water, crazy. :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Do you like bottled water or anything?

I moved house about 5 years ago and the water from our taps was rotten. Used to always drink straight from the tap in the old house and started buying bottled when I moved here, then I bought a brita jug and now drink from that all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

I hate the taste of tap water too! I have a Brita filter, but that don't make a huge different. I use reduced sugar Mi Wadi when I'm drinking. if I have to use water (for taking tablets) I buy bottled

Advertisement