Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tractor insurance (old thread)

• 10-05-2009 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi all!
    I'm wondering about private insurance for agricultural vehicles, I'm 20 with a full B licence and W licence.
    What are my options, is there any size restrictions etc
    Only want it for occasional use, but would be nice to just hop onto it anytime I feel like a spin...
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭thethedev

Anyone?:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

usually the owner just takes out open insurance. ie. if you're over 25(?) and have the relevant lisc, drive away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭thethedev

Nah Im only 20, but I have commercial insurance on the jeep, if I upgrade that to fully comp would I be covered?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Doubt it. You'd need a separate policy for your tractor. Why dont you just get your aul fella or someone to insure it in their name, and put you on as a named driver? TBH, I've NEVER heard of someone being done or even getting asked to produce their insurance for a tractor (unless you're contracting/making a living with it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Agricultural tractor insurance policies are usually open drive for any one (holding a valid license) over 16 years of age. I have never seen it restricted to over 25 y.o.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭maidhc

thethedev wrote: »
    Hi all!
    I'm wondering about private insurance for agricultural vehicles, I'm 20 with a full B licence and W licence.
    What are my options, is there any size restrictions etc
    Only want it for occasional use, but would be nice to just hop onto it anytime I feel like a spin...
    Thanks

Just get a quote from an insurance company. FBD and Hibernian spring to mind. You don't really have any other option.

PS: Why would you want to "go for a spin" in a tractor. Maybe it is because I have spent the last few days baling silage, but my TS115 is the last thing I'd want to go for a spin in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Puncell

snowman707 wrote: »
    Agricultural tractor insurance policies are usually open drive for any one (holding a valid license) over 16 years of age. I have never seen it restricted to over 25 y.o.

have to correct you there mate, its mostly open driving for anyone over 25 but anyone between the ages of 16 and 25 must be named. thats the way its always been for us!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

on any policy that I have ever gotten through the years it always states it can be driven by any person over the age of 16 and holding the relevent driving licence, never saw it with a restriction or need to have named drivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Puncell wrote: »
    have to correct you there mate, its mostly open driving for anyone over 25 but anyone between the ages of 16 and 25 must be named. thats the way its always been for us!!!!!!:D
    MATE !!
    we have 5 ag tractors & never in over 30 years have I seen this even when we changed companies, what company are you with & what cover have you got??

just double checked & all our policies would suffice the OP's needs

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

Does any Insurance company in Ireland, (other than FBD) offer Tractor Insurance ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Does any Insurance company in Ireland, (other than FBD) offer Tractor Insurance ?

AXA do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,937 ✭✭✭SmartinMartin

How old is the tractor?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement