Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need LOADS of help with GEOGRAPHY PLEASE!!!!

Options
  • 10-05-2009 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi guys! I'm beginning to freak out a bit. Have had the worst time with my geog teacherS over the past two years. My regular teacher was out an awful lot and we constantly had different subs!! We all lost interest in the subject. The LC is approaching quick. Would any of you guys have good hons geog notes you could send on? I'd really appreciate it if ye did. Thanks guys and best of luck in the exams and enjoy the grads:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

I forget the name of the book its the rival series to less stress more success. I looked through my friends Geography one a few weeks before our honours exam and it really sumarised everything very well. There is a lot in Geography LC, your best bet is to summarise it as much as possible and..if I can remember right.. one bullet point for every 2 marks? I think thats what I was told anyway.

Factual statements are your friend, no waffle. Waffle gets you nothing in geog. Shame I can't remember much more, how these long 2 years have ravished me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

Isostatic/Eustatic stuff is definitely coming up as well apparently for physical..other than that I'm just learning all the previous questions on the past papers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

niamhchick wrote: »
    Hi guys! I'm beginning to freak out a bit. Have had the worst time with my geog teacherS over the past two years. My regular teacher was out an awful lot and we constantly had different subs!! We all lost interest in the subject. The LC is approaching quick. Would any of you guys have good hons geog notes you could send on? I'd really appreciate it if ye did. Thanks guys and best of luck in the exams and enjoy the grads:)

What elective/option you doing? It might be useful to say unless ya want pages and pages of stuff ya dont need! Id recommend for you to get Less stress more Success its under a tenner and really good. Revise Wise is useless!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

If you're doing the global interdependence option http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055551752&highlight=Global

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

I forget the name of the book its the rival series to less stress more success. I looked through my friends Geography one a few weeks before our honours exam and it really sumarised everything very well. There is a lot in Geography LC, your best bet is to summarise it as much as possible and..if I can remember right.. one bullet point for every 2 marks? I think thats what I was told anyway.

Factual statements are your friend, no waffle. Waffle gets you nothing in geog. Shame I can't remember much more, how these long 2 years have ravished me.

I think the book you're talking about is revise wise, its purple,it was anyway..I found it great it helped me get the grade I wanted..and yes do not waffle there is no time to waffle anyway..if you are going to write something down make it count..bullet point everything you learn but construct it into a sentence when in the exam..worked for me good luck..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lou91

Nothing could be further from the truth IMO. As long as you show the examiner you know some of your facts, feel free to pad it out with general knowledge/waffle. The examiners don't seem to be looking for much, judging by the chief examiners report and the marking schemes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭imfreein09

short cuts to succes dan sheedy brill

Advertisement