Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recover contacts data from N95 8GB.

• 10-05-2009 1:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭

I have an N95 8GB here that suffered a fall. Phone powers up but the screen doesn't work. Plugged into my pc and the phone is detected and I can browse the internal memory. Got all the pics, music etc off it this way but cannot get the contacts.

PC Suite says the phone is connected but 'is connected in a non-compatible usb mode'. It says to change the usb settings on the phone. With the screen not working I can't see the menus to change the settings.

Any way around this to get the contacts?

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I know this doesn't help in your current predicament, have a look at zyb.com for backing up your contacts. Great site.

Good luck getting the data back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

kaizersoze wrote: »
    I have an N95 8GB here that suffered a fall. Phone powers up but the screen doesn't work. Plugged into my pc and the phone is detected and I can browse the internal memory. Got all the pics, music etc off it this way but cannot get the contacts.

PC Suite says the phone is connected but 'is connected in a non-compatible usb mode'. It says to change the usb settings on the phone. With the screen not working I can't see the menus to change the settings.

Any way around this to get the contacts?

Ta.

You need a new screen. You can fit a new screen and all your contacts and information will be on the phone still. You can fit the screen yourself if your up for it. Will cost you about €30 to buy online. Probably cost you closer to €60 or more to get it done elsewhere.

If you still want to copy your data you need to switch the connection to 'Pc suite' mode. It can be done without the screen just a little tricky.

First thing is do you know if you have selected it a connection type already, or have you set to ask every thing you connect the usb?

Press Menu > Tools > Connectivity > USB > then select 'PC Suite'

So after the device is powered up.

Press menu
    down
    enter
    up
    right
    enter and enter again
    then up once and press enter.
    Then try connecting the device. These instructions are based on a few things so it may not work first time round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Thanks for that Davy.
    Tried it but didn't work.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Thanks for that Davy.
    Tried it but didn't work.:(
    The instructions depended on a few things. It depended on what it was originally set to. I gave instructions if it was set to usb mode which is one of the four options so if you try it again it may still work just might take more than once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Davy wrote: »
    The instructions depended on a few things. It depended on what it was originally set to. I gave instructions if it was set to usb mode which is one of the four options so if you try it again it may still work just might take more than once.

Got sorted today. Thanks.
    Located an identical model today. It was set on data transfer mode by default.

• Advertisement
Advertisement