Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replace gas boiler

Options
  • 10-05-2009 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

I need a gas boiler replaced . I have a installer willing to do this for 1150
    boiler and installation.

3 bed house 1 bath, 2 sink, 1 shower ?

What jobs should he be doing ?

what's the story with r.g.i registoration ?

The boiler is valiant ?

What should i be looking out for ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

1: depending on age of house u might be eligible for the sei grant.

2: u might avail of the opportunity to fit enhanced heat management controls to meet current Part L regs [ grant also available here]

3: depending on setup in house u could eliminate the DHW cylinder and just use a combi boiler to heat water on demand

my guess is that the boiler is not top of range efficiency wise if the 1150 includes vat

Hi, Valiant good manufacture of boilers, the things i would want would be a boiler with a outdoor temperature sensor this stops the boiler wasting gas when the evenings are still warm, a power flush to clean out the existing system, if you fit a new boiler to a system with contaminated water it could be game over from 6 months on wards with no warranty cover, wired as per the manufactures instruction normally with a permanent power to it, commissioned as per the manufactures instructions normally with a analyzer as it should be a condensing boiler and most need to be analyzed to burn properly, correct sized gas pipe so boiler is not starved of gas because with very large boilers out there (38kw+) fruit loops are fitting them without calculating the pipe size and just use the existing which can be a lot smaller, for controls a room stat/zone valve thermostatic rad valves on all but one rad, zone valve and cylinder stat, the most important thing is to read the manufactures instructions as there is a lot of information in there and some will mean nothing but the instructions are written in a simplistic manor with pictures.

In respect of RGII have a look at there site for info http://www.rgii.ie/
    to be a registered gas installer you have to pass exams to prove competence which aren't the same as a job qualification, so it's always best to use a RGII installer that has been recommend if you can, i wouldn't go near anybody that was not RGII it's not worth the risk, if a RGII installer messes up you can go back to RGII to put pressure on the installer if there is a problem, hope this helps, Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fince

what the ho?

is this coming up in LC physics or something?

I could go on:D, it's my job to repair/identify faults with new boiler installations, 90% of the faults are installation errors and very basic ones at that, so all of the above flushing, wiring, gas supply just aren't being done as they should, which is probably a good thing for me or i wouldn't have a job, Gary

Advertisement