Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

omg ive invented a time machine!!!

• 10-05-2009 10:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

well not really, but say u had one, what time period would u visit Waterford in the Past?

id like to see Strongbows wedding(reading the historical record it was quiet the bash that and seeing how accurate the museums model is!), then go to the afters in downses.

when would you like to visit?!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

great idea for a thread!! I'd love to go back and laugh at Cromwell tryin to take the city. Lob a few rocks at him:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I wanna go back to when they sarted giving planning permission for ugly box buildings like the old ESB building so I can slap them and say "No planning people, THATS A BAD PLANNING PEOPLE!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

I wanna go back to when they sarted giving planning permission for ugly box buildings like the old ESB building so I can slap them and say "No planning people, THATS A BAD PLANNING PEOPLE!!!"
    is ur name brendan mcCan,t by any chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

hmmm...I know it's not really what the OP is looking for, but I wish I could go back in time to when it all started going wrong at the crystal, and try to fix it
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

deise-lady wrote: »
    hmmm...I know it's not really what the OP is looking for, but I wish I could go back in time to when it all started going wrong at the crystal, and try to fix it
    :(

there's nothing you could do. The world went into recession, luxury products no longer sold as well as they did when everyone was prospering.

Oh man, there are loads of times that I'd like to go back to...

The days of the city walls...would be great to see the life in waterford back then.

i'd also like to see the city when I was ten...back in 1990...all the old shops and roads (michael street with cars)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

metropole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The day before Brendan McCann arrived in Waterford, in order to stop him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭suirfire

Id like to go back to the mid to late 90s when you could go out in Waterford have a laugh and listen to some good live music :D hmmmm am i just getting old lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Great thread, would love to back to when waterford was a major port and to see the quay alive with hustle and bustle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I'd like to go back to the 60's when my parents were growing up to see first hand how tough (and rough seemingly!) it was. There are a few people from that time that I'd really like to meet too.

But it'd be amazing to go back to the Norman and Viking times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'd like to go back to christmas eve in Dooleys hotel when the staff used to give out balloons. God we were easily pleased!!

Also I would like to go back to when the Roxy and Flow were option for going out but then again I don't remember them first time round.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

ha ha, this topic reminds me of that email that went around a while back where someone put a half made time machine up for sale on a online bidding auction website in new zealand.
    http://www.jbconcepts.net/PDF/Time%20machine%20for%20sale%20NewZealand.pdf
    The comments alone are hilarious.

I'd go back to 2000 when they had tasty garlic chicken paninis in Geoffs that arrived with a few crisps and coleslaw. Now that was tasty.

Then I'd go back to last Friday and play the Euromillions with the winning numbers. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

The old ESB building is a nice example of the international style of architecture. Its not bad planning at all.

What time period would I go back to?....It would be nice to see when the quays were full of ships.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

id love to go back to 59 when waterford last won the all ireland hurling championship ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I would go back to the good old days of the thrill on the hill or whatever ya call it. That used to be class.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Walk through a viking market

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

I'd go back to when Fat Sams was still open. Or to when the Blues played in Kilcohan Park.

Oh, and I'd dump that bitch before she dumped me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Great Idea for a thread,

The All Ireland is a food suggestion. I suppose if I really did I would go back to the 70's but the land out by the motor mile/dunmore road and come back to the early 00's sell it and eat romantica on my floating island off Boatstrand for the rest of my days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

all good suggestions, though id like to go right back, ie Viking times, see the first mayor of waterford (i think it was in 1033) and see what the place was like.

Or

Their was a really interesting doc on RTE years ago about Irelands geology and the presenter said that one time Ireland was a tropical Island, so that i would love to see, tropical Waterford!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

When the tricolour was raised.....and when the vikings landed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Jaysus, Thrill on the Hill... and beat on the street. There's a blast from the past!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

id love too go back to the night packie saved and O'leary scored against romania back in itaia 90,i tink that was the most mental night i have ever seen in waterford city yet,the memorys of it lol,,id also like to see when reginalds tower was being built and the old city walls and also the coffin ships leaving the quay headed for america back in the famine times and also wot the bullpost was really used for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

dlofnep wrote: »
    Jaysus, Thrill on the Hill... and beat on the street. There's a blast from the past!
    beat on the street thats the one I couldnt think of. rock out with me cock out kept on popping into me head haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

lol!

like to see when reginalds tower was being built and the old city walls and also the coffin ships leaving the quay headed for america back in the famine times and also wot the bullpost was really used for

love to idea of Reginalds tower, wast the bullpost used for local crimnials? Was Crotty tied to it?

magick wrote: »
    love to idea of Reginalds tower, wast the bullpost used for local crimnials? Was Crotty tied to it?

I think the bullpost was used for tying bulls and the like to back where there used to be a market on Ballybricken.

Revolutionary idea that, tying bulls to a post and calling it a bull post! :D

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I think the bullpost was used for tying bulls and the like to back where there used to be a market on Ballybricken.

Revolutionary idea that, tying bulls to a post and calling it a bull post! :D

thats what they wanted you to believe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

seanybiker wrote: »
    beat on the street thats the one I couldnt think of. rock out with me cock out kept on popping into me head haha
    can someone explain what this is???or maybe I'm too ickle to have been around then :o:o :p

TriceMarie wrote: »
    can someone explain what this is???or maybe I'm too ickle to have been around then :o:o :p

Beat on the street? Or the second bit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TriceMarie

beat on the street?

Advertisement