Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Worx Battery Charger

• 10-05-2009 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi, I have a cordless drill made by Worx and the battery charger does not work any more. At first I thought it was the batteries just not accepting the charge, but I'm convinced it is the charger. The light indicating that the battery is fully charged comes on when I plug the charger into the mains, weather there is a battery in it or not. The light remains on when I put a battery in and, of course, it does not charge the battery. I paid around 80 yoyo's for it 3 years ago and its a real shame to ditch a perfectly good tool just for the sake of a charger. I've looked on ebay and the net and found nothing. Worx is an American company which can only be contacted through a US helpline. So, if anybody out there would like to give, sell or even has a link to follow up, I'd like to hear from you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eden$

Hi,

Like you I couldn't find any help on this subject. Its been an intermittent fault with my charger. Just a few moments ago I finally managed to fix this problem after months of hit and miss charging (vary rarely could I get it to charge in the last few months though).

It depends how brave you are though- I opened up the unit (which requires a security driver). The problem was with a couple of dry joints on 2 of the capacitors, I simply resoldered them and all appears to be fine now!

Again I would stress that you only open up the unit if you are familiar and confident with the inside of electrical equipment, there are high voltage electrical parts inside and you are intirely responsible for your won actions in doing this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Monste

Hi, are you still after a worx battery charger? I have an 18 volt charger and 2 batteres going, as my drill just packed up. Any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Well done, dont ever miss an oppertunity.

Just trying to be helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Vikinghar

Thanx Monste, would love to take them off yer 'ands. send me an email to ericthered2009@live.ie and we shall converse. Thanx again.

• Advertisement

Hi Vikinghar, just tried to send you an email, was sent back undeliverable, try and email me, liscat@iol.ie

Hi Vikinghar, did you get the charger and batteries, and did they work ok?

Vikinghar wrote: »
    So, if anybody out there would like to give, sell or even has a link to follow up, I'd like to hear from you.

Strange isn't it, when I offered the batteries and charger to you, you answered withing a day, now I have been waiting 2 months for yoy to send me the postage. Any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Vikinghar

Hi Monste, sorry for not getting back to you sooner. Thanks for sending the batteries and charger. But, my mistake, I should have told you it was a 14 volt drill and not a 18 volt drill. So your batteries are not going to work for me. I still have your address from the package and I'll send you a cheque and you should have it by St Pat's! Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 chrismike

Hi Vikinghar, do you still have those 18v batteries as I am in need of some, don't suppose you want to part with them? my email is chrisharness@ntlworld.com. Thanks. Chris

• Advertisement
Advertisement