Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ledley King - Arrested for ABH allegation

Options
  • 10-05-2009 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

England footballer Ledley King has been arrested outside a central London nightclub following an alleged assault.

King, who is Tottenham Hotspur captain, is being questioned on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm to another man during the alleged incident.
    The Metropolitan Police said a routine patrol car was flagged down by members of the public at around 2:30am on Sunday in Soho Street, W1.
    A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said: "A 28-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of ABH following an allegation of assault made by a man in his 20s."

King was taken to a central London police station where he remains in custody.

The victim is understood to have refused medical treatment following the alleged incident outside Punk nightclub.

There has so far been no comment from King or from Tottenham Hotspur.
    The venue, formerly known as Nightclub Pop, attracts a VIP crowd with guests including Kate Moss and Lily Allen and offers table bookings with a minimum spend of £500, according to its website.

King, 28, who joined Spurs in 1998, played in a Premier League game on Saturday which saw his team draw 0-0 against Everton.
    The defender has 19 England caps and was a member of England's Euro 2004 squad.
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Ledley-King-Tottenham-Hotspur-Player-Arrested-Over-Alleged-Assault/Article/200905215278791?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_1&lid=ARTICLE_15278791_Ledley_King:_Tottenham_Hotspur_Player_Arrested_Over_Alleged_Assault

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

not good news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

They had an interview with the bouncer (who Ledley appearantly assaulted) on Sky Sports news, he spoke about how King was too drunk, they refused him and he did the whole "Do you know who i am?" bull. He claims that King threatened the club by sayin he had 20-something people who were ready to rush the doors, and then the bouncers and King got in a tussle.

I'm not sure what to think of this at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Guys, please be careful in what you say regarding this story, it might seem unlikely but boards can be held responsible for individual statements on here, and obviously the owners of this site would rather not face legal problems related to comments posted here.

Please no speculation as to the alleged victim's behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭whitey21

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/ledleykingstatement100509.html
    Statement form King. Still not good enough!
    well out of order from the lad to be out on the piss in my opinion!
    He's not setting much of an example as captain doing it!
    When he cant train at all, and just plays the matches, drinking is gonna hamper his fitness, which i'm sure doesnt come easy to him since he cant don much with his knee anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Shocking behaviour from our club captain.

As what harry said before, id ban them all from drinking throughout the season, they can do what they want in the summer and when they are retired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Ledders out on the town and langers again,it's becoming a habit..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Ledley was bolloxed drunk in public and thats a dangerous situation for any famous person to get themself into. He really should have known better. He also appears to have an issue/problem with ale and probabally needs to make some changes in his lifestyle.

Do I still like the bloke ? fcuking right I do. All he did last night is prove that he's a normal human being capable of fcuking up, I've been there in my 20's and most normal blokes have also gotton into this kinda embarressing situation at least once in their lives.

He should be given a big round of applause on Saturday. He's been our main man for 10 years. A silly drunken doorstep temper tantrum shouldn't change anything for us Spurs supporters.

I do however conceed that he may need professional help in this area of his life.

Gold Bless Ledley. Our King.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

You are right...he needs help now.

We have seen what happened to Gazza lets hope The Spurs Management help Ledley before it is too late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

Meathfan wrote: »
    You are right...he needs help now.

We have seen what happened to Gazza lets hope The Spurs Management help Ledley before it is too late

is his drinkin that bad??

have not heard all that much of him being out maybe two or three times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

I don't think it's that bad! The whole thing I think was blown out of proportion he did something wrong and he was punished, it's not like it's the first time a football player has ever done something like that. :eek:

But I've got to say the video was brilliant! I know I've been there(not getting arrested of course). :D

• Advertisement

A few beers is fine..infact a good few beers is fine but Ledley seems to overdo it.

Then again on his wages he can afford it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Mac Masters

The funny thing is that even with his wages, he decided to cheap out and drink before rather than pay the extra money and drink inside! :D

The recession is really hitting home on King! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

I don't think it's that bad! The whole thing I think was blown out of proportion he did something wrong and he was punished, it's not like it's the first time a football player has ever done something like that.

But I've got to say the video was brilliant! I know I've been there(not getting arrested of course).

Agreed, it was blown out of proportion and sure we've all be there at some stage in life, however this is the third time in just over a year that Ledley has been pictured/filmed outside a club and completely langers.

A lot of people are saying the night club bouncer who accused Ledley of assault and racism, is just a chancer, looking to make a quick buck. Time will tell.

It was interesting to see Harry's reaction yesterday. To say he seemed unimpressed would be an understatement. I expect he'll be laying down the law big time for next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Curious phrasing on the THFC site:
    Anyone who knows me, knows that much of what has been suggested is totally out of character

It might be out of character, but that's not the same as saying that "much of what has been suggested" didn't happen!

If he's guilty, then he deserves all he gets (regardless of the potential impact on Spurs).
    If the charge is exaggerated, then hopefully the truth will come through....

Time will tell....

More like angling for a claim:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

He definitely deserves some sort of punishment, mainly for just being total bollox, but things have to be taken within proportion.

If it was anyone else (e.g. Joe Public) the police would have just put him in a cell for the night, issued him with a Public Order Caution, fined him £80 and sent him on his way the following morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

Gazza thinks Harrys drink ban is a bad idea, say that will change his mind:D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/entertainment/newsid_8047000/8047208.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 limerickyidd

I was away for a bit so I'm only just aware of Ledleys arrest and subsequent release on police bail. Disappointed with Ledleys behaviour would have expected more from him. Just read Mr Wahids [EMAIL="butt@s"]butt's[/EMAIL] allegations off the Daily Star archives. Could anyone tell me if he's a brother or relative of Nicky Butt.

The fact he is black and Nicky is not indicates to me they aint brothers:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 limerickyidd

Yeah but they look about the same weight!!

Advertisement