Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Atheism & Agnosticism

Options
  • 10-05-2009 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

Moderator Complaint

I must protest about the actions of Oscarbravo as moderator in the religon forum.

I was posting away in the Christian thread and next thing I know I get a PM saying that I am banned for 7 days..!!!

A few points..

a. TBH I put a serious challenge to the deluded and offense was taken and I got banned from christianity, fair enough.

b. Then I posted said comment in A+A, and my fellow Atheists judged that I had been very harsh. No warning or any indication of any nature that I was violating the Charter.

c. The thread was locked.

d. I toned down what I said in a new thread, that was locked and I was banned from A+A.

e. There is no breach of the charter

This MOD is arbitrary, this a blatant abuse by a moderator of the banning tool.

Surely this is a worrying precedent.

1. I wasnt in breach of the Charter
    2. I didnt insult anyone
    3. I didnt use offensive or defamatory language
    4. I didnt personally attack any poster
    5. I cant imagine any reported me

So whats the problem?

It seems that the Mod was blinded by his own bias and sensitivities.

I accept the 7 day christian ban but he has NO reason for A+A ban other than spite, which indicates religon to me:D... JOKE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You were rightly banned from the Christianity forum, and I think you realise that.
    The helpdesk is not the place for this, my atheist peers should judge me.

You were wrong, the Help Desk was the place for it. Not the A&A forum. First error. Dades locked it (correctly) and told you where the correct place was.

You ignored that, and set up a second thread, in spite of the moderators request that you take it to Help Desk. That second error was then dealt with by oscarbravo. Because you ignored the previous request, you got banned because you seemed intent on garnering backslaps in the A&A forum rather than actually taking issue with the ban you received from Christianity.

To be honest, nothing to see here except something you brought upon yourself through narcissistic attemps at getting recognition for trying to enter the Christianity forum and piss in their garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭conlonbmw

BuffyBot wrote: »
    You were rightly banned from the Christianity forum, and I think you realise that.

a 7day ban from christianity yes fine don't mind, I will tone down language but will be back with in depth queries for them.

You were wrong, the Help Desk was the place for it. Not the A&A forum. First error. Dades locked it (correctly) and told you where the correct place was.

No, you are wrong. I accepted 1 week ban from christians, but then I felt like I had a genuine thread to discuss. I feel religon is a cancer that preys on the weak willed and needs to be removed.
    You ignored that, and set up a second thread, in spite of the moderators request that you take it to Help Desk. That second error was then dealt with by oscarbravo. Because you ignored the previous request, you got banned because you seemed intent on garnering backslaps in the A&A forum rather than actually taking issue with the ban you received from Christianity.

That thread was locked by a Mod for another reason.

I never was going to help desk, I made that clear.

I toned down what I had to say and then started a new thread.

I made no error in A+A.
    To be honest, nothing to see here except something you brought upon yourself through narcissistic attemps at getting recognition for trying to enter the Christianity forum and piss in their garden.

Those people are deluded, uniformed, and unable to take any critical proof on board.

Please highlight any narcism.

I am appalled at the reply from so called atheists, and I do not require any recognition from those who can tolerate religous hookum.

conlonbmw wrote: »
    a 7day ban from christianity yes fine don't mind, I will tone down language but will be back with in depth queries for them.

Which, they may well welcome. However, they do not have to defend or justify that belief to you, and you might do well to remember that.

No, you are wrong. I accepted 1 week ban from christians, but then I felt like I had a genuine thread to discuss. I feel religon is a cancer that preys on the weak willed and needs to be removed.

You may have had a genuine *point*, but the thread you started was more about the fact that you were banned.
    That thread was locked by a Mod for another reason.

It was locked for the reasons stated - I think they are fairly clear. You then opened *another* thread in defiance of the mod request. That's what got you banned.
    I never was going to help desk, I made that clear.

Well then you should have made your thread more about your philosophical point than your banning.
    I toned down what I had to say and then started a new thread.

Which is irrelevant. If you had a problem with the moderators decision to close your previous thread, you should have contacted the mod in question via PM.
    I made no error in A+A.

Yes, you did.

Those people are deluded, uniformed, and unable to take any critical proof on board.

I'm not quite sure where you get the impression that they are under any obligation to take anything on board. The Christianity board is there for Christians (and interested parties) to have a space to discuss, share and debate. However, as I said above, there is no requirement on them to tolerate being classed as "deluded, uniformed or unable to take any critical proof on board". They don't have to defend their position in their forum.

Anyway, that's a tangent. You breached common etiquette on the A + A forum, and you got banned. I'm happy enough that it was a fair result.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You trolled one forum, got banned for it, agreed that the ban was warranted, and complained about it on another forum, twice, then got banned for doing that, now you are complaining on this forum about another forum ban that you don't agree with but probably will in the future. What ban from what forum will make you realise that you should be respecting a forums rules?

Incidentally, why did you start the second thread on A&A forum while not getting any backing from any of the replies on the first thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

No you won't. I permabanned you for trolling & spamming in numerous threads and for being abusive.

• Advertisement

PDN wrote: »
    No you won't. I permabanned you for trolling & spamming in numerous threads and for being abusive.

Prove where I was abusive, trolled, or spammed.

Re Li-Gon is a cancer.

Those people are deluded, uniformed, and unable to take any critical proof on board without requesting mods to ban us.

If god actually existed evidence would suggest that he is the most viscious, most evil, petty minded childish stroppy f*ckwit.

God is not real.

You are all completely deluded.

Re Li-Gon is MAN MADE from superstition. No written evidence exists before approx 3,000 BC.

Billions of planets in billions of galaxies, billions of humans on one planet and he can see you all.

Madness

"He sees you when you're sleeping
    He knows when you're awake
    He knows if you've been bad or good
    So be good for goodness sake!"

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Prove where I was abusive, trolled, or spammed.

Religon is a cancer.

Those people are deluded, uniformed, and unable to take any critical proof on board without requesting mods to ban us.

If god actually existed evidence would suggest that he is the most viscious, most evil, petty minded childish stroppy f*ckwit.

God is not real.

You are all completely deluded.
    There ya go, looks like abuse to me. We're not protecting religion from criticism here, but we do insist that criticism at least pretends to be remotely respectful and civil. People have been banned from the atheist forum for lighter statements, so we're not giving the religous any particular special treatment.

Sorry, you will have to point out to me what the abuse is. On the evidence of the planet in its current state I am more than willing to find the error of my ways..

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Well, the words, "Cancer" and "deluded" are just two parts of it. It's abusive language towards pretty much everyone on that forum.

Let's put it another way: The point you're making, coupled with the way that you're making it, ensures that no contribution you have made or will make, will do any good on the christianity forum. Your comments can only have one of two aims:
    1. You want to convert people from Christianity
    2. You just want to call religious people idiots.

You're totally going about no. 1 the wrong, way so I have to assume that your intention is no. 2, thus your input to any of the religous forums is no longer welcome.

You can make a multitude of salient points about religion - however, if you don't do it with a modicum of respect and politeness, I can't understand why you think it would be tolerated there.

It would appear this is something you've brought entirely upon yourself because you cannot express your points in a suitable manner. I'm not surprised that they've had enough of you, quite frankly.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement