Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pixels per inch for printing....and more.

• 10-05-2009 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭

I'm organising my photographs for printing. A new gallery is opening in town next week. I've realised how disorganised I am. Finding the originals is bad enough but I notice that a lot of the editing that I have done has been for the web :mad:

Anyway, I am now organising stuff into various print sizes and came across a neat little programme that calculates the pixels needed for each size. It is available here if anyone is interested.

On another note, I received the programme for the Solstice Arts Centre in Navan in the post the other day and was pleasantly surprised to see that they had used one of my rehearsal shots from my drama group's production of the Plough and the Stars on their cover :). If anyone is in the Navan area on 22nd and 23rd of the month drop in. It's a great show! Here's the shot:
    2A1466E58DA2421D9F2E5FD1AB1CCC28-500.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Carrigman

Valentia wrote: »
    ....Anyway, I am now organising stuff into various print sizes and came across a neat little programme that calculates the pixels needed for each size. It is available here if anyone is interested.....

Photoshop does that. Why the need for a separate programme?

Congrats on the cover shot by the way.

Regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Carrigman wrote: »
    Photoshop does that. Why the need for a separate programme?

Ah! Thanks John. Just shows how I fleet through PS in my haste to get finished. No patience me :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭City-Exile

Danny that pic is brilliant!
    Well done on cover shot!
    Good luck with the exhibition.
    Be sure to pass on the details, so that we can visit. :)

Advertisement