Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apache Pizza

Options
  • 10-05-2009 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Got an Apache take away last night from the Sutton branch, my god it was a disgrace. For quality and price I would give it zero out of ten!

The biggest rip off was the onion rings, they cost €4 and you got 4! A euro per onion ring which only had mushed onions in them!

I emailed them straight away but have not heard back. This is the first time I have used them in a couple of years and it will be the last!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Everyone knows pizza places are a rip off. I bet the toppings and dough cost buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I've alway found them good. €20 for the Celtic meal deal - large pizza, wedges, garlic bread and 3 cokes. Enough to fill up two people and then some. Very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

creggy wrote: »
    Everyone knows pizza places are a rip off. I bet the toppings and dough cost buttons.

I normally make my own calzone the odd saturday, including a 2kg flour & pepporoni the cost for 3 people is no more than €10! It is ten times tastier and fresher! And you loads of ingredients left over!

I know what I will be doing from now on!!!
    KerranJast wrote: »
    I've alway found them good. €20 for the Celtic meal deal - large pizza, wedges, garlic bread and 3 cokes. Enough to fill up two people and then some. Very good value.

Maybe its just the Sutton one which is sh1t but if they all taste like the one I got last night then god help your taste buds!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

There's one in UCD and I find it great value.
    5.50 for a taco pizza - awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

that branch is well known for being total ****e. only a matter of time before it closes. the manager is a prick too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,282 ✭✭✭Archeron

I got badly ripped by an Apache in Meath. Ordered a large box of chicken wings to share with someone else, and it cost €8 (or thereabouts). Got home and opened it and there was 8 small chicken wings in the big box, about €3 worth from any garage deli.
    Haven't been back since, and wont be anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

kona wrote: »
    that branch is well known for being total ****e. only a matter of time before it closes. the manager is a prick too.

Good to see some things have not changed even though have not ordered from there in about 8 years.......most of the other branches are A1!!!

Brgds
    Johnny

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭colsku

I like the lunch special on Dame Street... A 9 inch pizza with two toppings and a can for 7 euro.

Not too bad!

The Pearse Street branch is grim / gowl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Medium pizza with any toppings for 12 euro is not what I'd call a rip off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭O'Coonassa

KerranJast wrote: »
    Celtic meal deal - large pizza, wedges, garlic bread and 3 cokes.

:D ROFL, the auld celts were big on cokes and pizza I suppose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

apache is the worst of the big four.

mizzoni's.
    four star.
    dominos.
    apache.

that being said they are all pretty awful compared to proper prepared/cooked pizzas.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Medium pizza with any toppings for 12 euro is not what I'd call a rip off.
    Its the going rate, but is relatively very expensive. It really baffles me how the pizza places get away with it TBH. I have gotten 1kilo of food in a chinese for €6.40 before, and the ingredients probably costed around the same per kilo as pizza.
    The normal price for pizza is half the listed price, there is ALWAYS an offer on, if you are paying the full menu price you are paying way over the odds and the pizza place is laughing all the way to the bank.

You can get fresh pizzas in supermarkets for under €2 these days, and get more pepperoni on them than any takeaway I have seen give you. Now look at ingredient costs for other takeaways, the margins in pizza places are way out of line with other takeaways. If my chinese did pizzas at the same markup as their other food I expect that €12 med pizza would be ~€5

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭anonymousjunkie

I've found the one in lucan to be quite good. Especially if you get the midweek price deal its pretty reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Nicest pizza I've ever eaten is this frozen one you can buy almost anywhere now- "Chicago Town" is the brand.

Advertisement