Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car pooling/sharing thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Anyone in the Oranmore area going past Wellpark this coming Tuesday (12th) between 8am - 9am?

I need a lift to college. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭dougie ward

i can drop you at briarhill

Thanks for the reply, but that's still a bit out.

I'll get a bus.

Thanks though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭dougie ward

no hassle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 u207lol

Hi anyone travelling from the city to moycullen direction anytime around 6.30 in the evening?? Last bus is at 6.15 and I cant finish work until 6.30!!

Would greatly greatly appreciate a lift!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Tony Almeida

Anyone work in Athlone, living in Galway city? Dont mind driving, but someone to split extortionate fuel costs would be nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 absorbentmind

Anyone interested in carpooling from Galway to Athlone Monday-Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,929 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Tony Almeida in the post before yours might!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

If he's still workin' there or the place hasn't closed!!
    :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭tungsten

Hi all
    Anyone from Galway city (Salthill) to Limerick city perchance?
    Mon - Fri?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Fiddlesnap

Anyone going up the right hand lane on Dock Road and barging in left at the top? I would like to try this but am far too well mannered to try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

Anyone interested in carpooling from Galway to Athlone Monday-Friday?

Where you working in Athlone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 absorbentmind

sealgaire wrote: »
    Where you working in Athlone?

Sorry I only saw your reply now. I work on Grace Park Rd. Very close to town centre. Any interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Anyone doing Loughrea - Parkmore Business Park Mon to Fri, 9am to 5.30pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

Sorry I only saw your reply now. I work on Grace Park Rd. Very close to town centre. Any interest?

My friend drives daily (mon-Fri) to Galway city from Athlone.
    He's interested in car pooling.
    PM me if interested..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's not an exact science but you can put two towns into viamichelin and it will tell you how much it costs on petrol and tolls, only a guide mind as it's not up to speed really.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭evoke

Hello Guys,
    I am travelling from galway to athlone this evening. i will be coming from knocknacarra through galway and then on the motor way to athlone.

If some one wants a lift let me know. my plan is to leave in the evening time.

I seen some one do this before but do not know how successful it was on the galway section.

Is this allowed?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, it's even encouraged. I'll put this in the car pool thread if that's ok?

thanks did not know there was a car pool thread. getting bored in the car on my own.

will check out the car pool forum.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fago

Anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭fago

Anyone heading from town to cavan between now and 3 30. Will split costs etc. Pm me with mobile details. Here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

In Dublin. Driving back to Galway on wed, then back to Dublin Friday, then back to Galway again on Monday. If anyone needs a lift and fancies throwing a few quid in towards petrol send me a pm.

I drive to Spiddal from Galway City 5 days a fortnight (yeah... sounds weird right?). Leaving about 2pm. Free lift out to anyone that wants it, but no ride back... unless you're coming back at 3am. :D

Driving to Dublin tomorrow if I can find someone to hop in the car with me to throw a few quid towards petrol. Put an ad on tripmi but no responses. Pm if interested.

does tripmi.ie ever work for you? i tried posting on this forum before but no luck,. I prefer to have some one in the car on long journeys to athlone and dublin. Also good to meet new people

It's the first time I've used it. I reckon there isn't enough people on it to work. What about a Galway city car pooling sticky?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

dafunk wrote: »
    It's the first time I've used it. I reckon there isn't enough people on it to work. What about a Galway city car pooling sticky?

There is a car pool thread. Search for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭tungsten

Carpool available five days per week galway to limerick
    can stop in gort, ennis or shannon
    may suit students too at LIT or UL

one person already availing of pool with me

PM if interested

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cormpat

I leave Galway every morning at around 7:25 to be in work in Westport at 8:30, leaving Westport 5:00/5:30 in the evening for the return journey. I do this trip week days, Monday to Friday. If any one wants to car pool, PM me & we can save on fuel costs. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

Hi,
    Am looking to see if anyone is interested in sharing petrol costs for a commute from Lackagh Co Galway to Oranmore. I usually leave around 7 to 7.30 am and would be coming back from Oranmore around 4.30 to 5 pm
    Anyone interested in sharing costs on this commute?
    Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement