Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working without contract

Options
  • 10-05-2009 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

hi, i posted this the other day but i don't think i did it right as it never appeared so posting again, hope i'm not putting it in the wrong place or something. anyway i am just wondering about the following situation. i have been working in my company for a little over 2 years now. had a one year contract which expired march 08 and i got another 1 year contract until march 09. then i got a one month contract until april 09. now i don't have any contract at all but am still getting paid weekly. i am very stressed and worried i'll loose my job as i love it and i want to know what my rights are. am i entitled to any notice if i am let go now as i have no contract? also am i entitled to statutory redundancy? i looked online and read the law on the matter but its very confusing and i still don't understand if i would be entitled to it. any help/advice would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pop66

contact the citizen information - they have a book "employment rights explained" yyou will find a lot of information (easy explained) there. In your case I would not ask for a new contract, just go ahead and work and let them pay you.
    It looks to me that you got the previous contracts just to exclude working rights - yuor employer has to proof that it was not so. cant he do so the rights comissioner will see that you are over two years in continious employment and you will be entietelt for redundancy payments.

You are right with your fear but it is up to the employer to give you a written contract if he does not it if his problem and good for you.

one good advise. join a union ( but dont let them know) they will help you to bring you in case of a dismissal to the rights comissioner.

Hope the best for you

Advertisement