Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Chelsea 4pm

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Can we just not play the rest of the second half and the next two games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I blame Pat Rice, the buck stops with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

It must be a legitimate tactic to play poorly to begin with against Arsenal and then take the lead against the run of play. I've never seen them recover from it.

And why is Diaby still on the pitch?

Walcott is never gonna make it as a centre forward.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Walcott is never gonna make it as a centre forward.
    Based on what?

Based on what?

Him missing nearly every chance he gets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Arsenal really need a coach to help players on their finishing skills.

Oh, see there was I thinking you were making that based on the one game, when he hasn't even been playing in the position.

His movement has been exceptional today, but his finishing has been poor. Then again I've seen games where his finishing has been exceptional too.

His pace and movement are good. His decision making and finishing is very poor, I've never seen any games were either has been exceptional.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wreck wrote: »
    Can we just not play the rest of the second half and the next two games?
    That'd be great actually

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The fightback is on.

Well done Bendtner.

Why were there boos for Adebayor?

Cos he is crap and talking about Milan (I think it was)

His pace and movement are good. His decision making and finishing is very poor, I've never seen any games were either has been exceptional.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJSKkFGdPDg

Would have thought that was a rather obvious one.

He's wasted on the wing. He should be playing in attack and we should have an extra creative player in midfield.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    Cos he is crap and talking about Milan (I think it was)

:pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Malouda has really surprised me lately , another half decent game from the lad today !

Chelsea 4

4-1

Oh. Dear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Off side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Andy Gray saying he was 'well off side'. cause he was beyond the defenders - does being in line with the ball player not count as well? He may not have been in line, looked just ahead, but I thought if you were in line you were onside, regardless of where the defenders are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

by a yard at least , looked a decent shout for the peno , great call by the ref

Andy Gray saying he was 'well off side'. cause he was beyond the defenders - does being in line with the ball player not count as well? He may not have been in line, looked just ahead, but I thought if you were in line you were onside, regardless of where the defenders are.

He looked ahead to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I believe in my players

The expression men against boys comes to mind.

Fabregas does not look fit.

He was off when the shot was taken , on when it hit the post , but its the initial shot that counts and it should have been an offside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

Malouda has really surprised me lately , another half decent game from the lad today !

He seems to be looking like the player we thought we signed. He'd be worth keeping for next season, if not, hes defo raised his price a bit.

selpher wrote: »
    He seems to be looking like the player we thought we signed. He'd be worth keeping for next season, if not, hes defo raised his price a bit.

Yeah I remember when he first came he looked really good in pre season then faded off completely ,

I was reading something a few weeks back that he got his wisdom teeth taken out in Jan and he had been suffering from them for a good few months and he himself attributes a lot of his recent good play to having them removed !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

seriously, if he was beyond Anelka, it was by inches imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Crazy stuff, does Arshavin really make such a big difference that Liverpool couldn't murder these 4-0... mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I was reading something a few weeks back that he got his wisdom teeth taken out in Jan and he had been suffering from them for a good few months and he himself attributes a lot of his recent good play to having them removed !

Surgical reduction of wisdom would help any athlete if they want to perform on the same wavelength as Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

Personally I feel that Arsenal and Arsene Wenger need to be tought these kind of lessons, the team are not good enough and there are major problems there but of course wenger will be the usual "I belive in my players". I can tell you now the fans don't and if he keeps up with that crap the fans will lose faith in him as well, not that i have lost faith in him........... yet.

Holsten wrote: »
    Crazy stuff, does Arshavin really make such a big difference that Liverpool couldn't murder these 4-0... mental.

How much of Arsenal have you actually watched this season?

Surgical reduction of wisdom would help any athlete if they want to perform on the same wavelength as Chelsea.

There is always one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

That's the first goal Arsenal have conceded at the Emirates in the league since Robbie Keane bagged for Liverpool (imagine?) on 21 December. That was 13 hours and 16 minutes ago, would you believe?

Wow didn't know that.

seriously, if he was beyond Anelka, it was by inches imo.

Looking at it again it was only inches , great play leading up to the goal

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

On the offside goal, what difference does it make the game was over anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

There is always one

Ah I thought it was funny.....not necessarily true.....but funny.;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeestroyed at a canter. Love it.

Advertisement