Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vch piercing... female piercer?

Options
  • 10-05-2009 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭

Been wanting to get this done for ages! Just wondering has anyone else gotten theirs done, did they have any problems with it and who did the piercing.
    I'd ideally prefer to have it done by a female piercer.... are there any out there you'd recommend?
    Has anyone had this done in Impulse in maynooth?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

There's female piercers in wildcat in stephens green and in ashbourne. Also another female piercer in stigmatau in swords i believe.

That's all that I'm aware of in dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

when choosing an artist

skill > genitals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Yes, there are female piercers in Wildcat - but to be honest a (decent) male piercer will be just as professional and will not make you feel remotely uncomfortable - the two guys in Snakebite are, in my opinion, the best piercers in the country, and you will be trusting the piercer with a fairly important part of your anatomy so you want to know they will do a good job. Having said that, Wildcat is also a good studio, however I personally would not go anywhere other than Snakebite. Remember that it will be a quick process and that these people are professionals, so you have no reason to worry about getting it done by a male piercer!

That's just my two cents - above all you should make sure you get it done by someone who you feel comfortable about them piercing you. (apologies for the terrible grammar in that last sentence - I've had very little sleep over the weekend!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I think you'll find that the vast majority of male piercers will be extremely proffesional about this sort of thing so, as Hot2def so rightly said, choose skill over gender. So based on that go for whoever is best reccomended. Failing that, if you really aren't comfortable with a male piercer you should be able to find a suitable female piercer based on reccomendations here.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Anne in Wildcat/Celestial Ring Stephen's Green is excellent, I go to her for all my piercings (I haven't got a VCH, but it's on my to-do list once I've lost weight). Also, I'd second what everyone else here has said about skill levels. I've heard nothing but good things about Snakebite, and the piercers there are male. If it puts you more at ease about going to a male piercer, you're just a number to them, it's the same as a doctor. No decent male piercer is going to be perving on you while he's piercing you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭grind gremlin

I totally agree with you that skill is way more inmportant. was just hoping there was a female piercer that came highly recommended. failing that i'll most likely go for snakebite based on what i've heard here.
    thanks again for your replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭line_of_fire

would totally recommend snakebite I got mine done in there last week and they were brilliant. Steve spent good twenty mins going through everything with me and putting me at ease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

+1 for snakebite.

I got a nipple piercing while on hols and the (female, incidentally) piercer made a bit of a balls of it and Rob in Snakebite sorted it out for me.

I had a split second walking in of "oh noooo he's guna see my bewb!" but that dissipated right away.

He had a good look at the piercing, changed the jewellry and talked me through the proper after care. He then put his glasses on and had a good ol' close look up my nose to see how my nostril piercing was getting on :pac:
    There's nothing it it, its like going to the doctors tbh.

I've other piercings planned and would have no problem with Rob or Steve doing them, imo they're the best around and thats the most important thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Molberts wrote: »
    +1 for snakebite.

I got a nipple piercing while on hols and the (female, incidentally) piercer made a bit of a balls of it and Rob in Snakebite sorted it out for me.

I had a split second walking in of "oh noooo he's guna see my bewb!" but that dissipated right away.

He had a good look at the piercing, changed the jewellry and talked me through the proper after care. He then put his glasses on and had a good ol' close look up my nose to see how my nostril piercing was getting on :pac:
    There's nothing it it, its like going to the doctors tbh.

I've other piercings planned and would have no problem with Rob or Steve doing them, imo they're the best around and thats the most important thing :)
    What bewbs :P :pac:

OP embarrassing is having a male piercings do a PA! But a good piercer will make you at ease and do there job properly, which Snakebite is always tops for

I got it done!!!!
    Went to Wildcat in Stephens Green and a female piercer did it for me. Can't remember her name now though, i was in such a haze before and after.

It was pretty painful, but only for a sec. The piercer put a hoop into it for now. When it heals i can go back and get a bar put into it.

Cost 60 euro which wasn't too bad.

I'm happy out so far, fingers crossed it heals up nicely.

Thanks again for all your help!:)

• Advertisement

I got it done!!!!
    Went to Wildcat in Stephens Green and a female piercer did it for me. Can't remember her name now though, i was in such a haze before and after.

It was pretty painful, but only for a sec. The piercer put a hoop into it for now. When it heals i can go back and get a bar put into it.

Cost 60 euro which wasn't too bad.

I'm happy out so far, fingers crossed it heals up nicely.

Thanks again for all your help!:)

Congratulations on your new piercing!

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Well done on going thru with it girl, had mine done in Living Art By Buddy, made to feel real relaxed as his girl was there also (she works there), a second of pain and have been flying it ever since. Im happy to report its the one piercing i had no probs whatsoever with!

Its been a week and a half now and no problems or pain at all. so glad i got it and totally agree, easiest recovery from any piercing ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Toots* wrote: »
    If it puts you more at ease about going to a male piercer, you're just a number to them, it's the same as a doctor. No decent male piercer is going to be perving on you while he's piercing you.

Sorry to be realitic, but that's bull!

I know a piercer (who shall remain nameless) and I asked him about this once, and he told me they defo get a kick out of seeing a good looking girls nudie bits. Piercers are, after all, human.

Just because they act professional doesn't mean they're not enjoying themselves...

For the record I don't think there's anything wrong with going to a male piercer, but let's not pretend a vagina is the same as an ear lobe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

AARRRGH wrote: »

I know a piercer (who shall remain nameless) and I asked him about this once, and he told me they defo get a kick out of seeing a good looking girls nudie bits. Piercers are, after all, human.

Just because they act professional doesn't mean they're not enjoying themselves...

And I presume you can point us to an online location where the results of your extensive study of all male piercers were published? It sounds fascinating.
    For the record I don't think there's anything wrong with going to a male piercer, but let's not pretend a vagina is the same as an ear lobe.

It isn't the same as a clitoral hood either.

I'm not going to argue with you, but if you want to believe men stop liking vaginas because they've seen a few of them, fair enough.

I'm not trying to claim male piercers aren't professional - you can like what you see and still remain professional. I just don't see any point in pretending piercers don't like seeing nudie bits. They do. They are human.

Generalisation of the century. Just because of this one piercer you know, it does NOT mean every piercer will "defo get a kick out of seeing a good looking girls nudie bits". Just because you "know a piercer" it doesn't mean you know everything about piercers in general...

Any decent male piercer will not be perving on you while he's doing his job, he will be concentrating on what he's doing.

Humans are different, and you are basing your belief on an anecdote. I don't doubt that there are piercers who enjoy looking at vulvas but you are insulting the male piercers who don't by assuming that a man absolutely cannot look at a vulva in a purely professional context. Seriously, not all men think with their genitals.

It's wrong of me to generalise that men like vaginas?

Seriously ladies, be real for a second. I am NOT saying they are perving (I never said that). I am just trying to point out that getting pierced by a male piercer is NOT the same as getting pierced by a female piercer, as men like vaginas and every man, no matter how professional, likes seeing a pretty girls nudie bits.

I don't see any point in living in denial about human behaviour. I also don't have a problem with male piercers piercing women (because as you point out, they are professionals) but professionalism does not remove basic human instincts, e.g. men like women's nudie bits.

Btw, I think you are misunderstanding what professional means. It means acting a certain way (e.g., by being serious and following some sort of charter.) It doesn't mean the removal of all emotions and instincts, all likes and dislikes.

Just think about it for a minute.

• Advertisement

It's wrong of me to generalise that men like vaginas?

Seriously ladies, be real for a second. I am NOT saying they are perving (I never said that). I am just trying to point out that getting pierced by a male piercer is NOT the same as getting pierced by a female piercer, as men like vaginas and every man, no matter how professional, likes seeing a pretty girls nudie bits.

I don't see any point in living in denial about human behaviour. I also don't have a problem with males piercers piercing women (because as you point out, they are professionals) but professionalism does not remove basic human instincts, e.g. men like women's nudie bits.

Really, not every man is the same. Some men don't like vaginas, equally some women do. And aside from that, not every man is completely preoccupied with the thought that they're seeing their customer naked. I don't think being a man gives you the right to say that you know what's going through every man's head, I certainly don't pretend to know what's going through every woman's head.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

-lala- wrote: »
    I don't think being a man gives you the right to say that you know what's going through every man's head, I certainly don't pretend to know what's going through every woman's head.

Yes, but you're not a guy.... He might not be spot on the mark, but he's fairly close....A majority of guys do think about it a lot of the time....now did someone mention ladies bits? :pac:

Also, just goes to show. Not even women understand what goes on in womens heads!

Yes, but you're not a guy....

Exactly, I said that I don't pretend to know what's going through every WOMAN's head.

I don't know why I'm still posting in this thread.. *bangs head off wall*

Btw, I think you are misunderstanding what professional means. It means acting a certain way (e.g., by being serious and following some sort of charter.) It doesn't mean the removal of all emotions and instincts, all likes and dislikes.

Just think about it for a minute.

Yes I know what it means, but thanks for the patronising post anyway!

If your piercer speaks for all men, how do you explain the one I know who told me that he has never ONCE gotten a kick out of genital piercings? That when there's a (usually, pretty damn nervous) woman in the chair and he has a needle in his hand he is thinking about how to keep the customer calm, about anatomy and blood vessels and where the piercing needs to be placed, and what he needs to do to avoid cross contimation. He has no time to ponder the "nudie bits" or get a kick out of it. I guess he's not human, or a man, or maybe he's just a big anomaly. Or maybe he's mature and he's able to check his sexual urges at the door when he starts work.

And yes, it is wrong of you to generalise that men like vaginas. Not all of them do and you know it.

Gauge wrote: »
    If your piercer speaks for all men, how do you explain the one I know who told me that he has never ONCE gotten a kick out of genital piercings? That when there's a (usually, pretty damn nervous) woman in the chair and he has a needle in his hand he is thinking about how to keep the customer calm, about anatomy and blood vessels and where the piercing needs to be placed, and what he needs to do to avoid cross contimation. He has no time to ponder the "nudie bits" or get a kick out of it. I guess he's not human, or a man, or maybe he's just a big anomaly. Or maybe he's mature and he's able to check his sexual urges at the door when he starts work.

+1

-lala- wrote: »
    Really, not every man is the same. Some men don't like vaginas, equally some women do. And aside from that, not every man is completely preoccupied with the thought that they're seeing their customer naked. I don't think being a man gives you the right to say that you know what's going through every man's head, I certainly don't pretend to know what's going through every woman's head.

Sure, you can assume I'm not talking about gay piercers. I thought that was fairly obvious.

And I never said they are "preoccupied with the thought that they're seeing their customer naked". Please read my posts properly if you are going to attack what I say.

Gauge wrote: »
    Yes I know what it means, but thanks for the patronising post anyway!

And yes, it is wrong of you to generalise that men like vaginas. Not all of them do and you know it.

Again, I don't know why you thought I was trying to say gay men or every single man in the world likes vaginas. Obviously I am not saying that. Can we move on past that point please?

I'm sorry you thought I was being patronising by explaining what "professional" means, but your previous posts suggested you misunderstood it's meaning.

I know you don't want to believe this, and that's fine, really I didn't come here for an argument, but the reality is if a good looking woman comes into a piercers parlour and asks for a nipple piercing, he will do a professional job but it will also register in his brain that he just saw and touched her good looking boobs. The same goes for vaginas.

This DOES NOT mean he is perving you or sexually assaulting you or anything crazy like that, it means he is a man and he is thinking normal man things.

A non-lesbian woman is unlikely to think like a man, hence why going to a female piercer is not the same as a male piercer.

every man, no matter how professional, likes seeing a pretty girls nudie bits.

shortly followed by...

Again, I don't know why you thought I was trying to say gay men or every single man in the world likes vaginas.

And why is it obvious that you're only talking about straight people? you said EVERY man.

Edit:Sorry for double post, really need to figure out how to quote properly!

Sorry to butt in here with actual experience...

I have had my hands on loads of people who, in another context, I would have found very sexually attractive.

But, in the context of my highly stressful job, the thought didn't even cross my mind. In fact, the concentration and the awkwardness could have killed any mood.

• Advertisement

Also, before any one comes back with that assinine 'you're not the Everyman" crapola - neither are you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement