Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three - Roam Like at home ** Merged **

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Well I stand 100% corrected...I obvoiusly had no idea what I was talking about :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Walkman wrote: »
    Well I stand 100% corrected...I obvoiusly had no idea what I was talking about :D

Well, neither do I :-) But that is the way things were. Whether or not it is still the case, I cannot say.

The situation continues to be downright odd when I can be denied access to UK TV from Dublin whether I use a 3IRL or 3UK SIM but am now allowed access to RTÉ Player content in Belfast using a 3 IRL SIM, which did not used to be the case.

It's a head-melter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The 3IRL modem will go thru the Irish APN which gives you an Irish based ip.
    The 3UK modem should go thru the UK APN (three.co.uk) and give a UK based ip. I can use iplayer no problems in the republic. ;)

Bond-007 wrote: »
    The 3IRL modem will go thru the Irish APN which gives you an Irish based ip.
    The 3UK modem should go thru the UK APN (three.co.uk) and give a UK based ip. I can use iplayer no problems in the republic. ;)

Never in my experience: I have always been denied access to BBC iPlayer or TV catchup when using a 3 UK SIM in the Republic. I have also been denied access to any of Planet 3 UK's TV offerings on the handet, the instant I cross the 'border'. I am not saying that this has not changed, I have not tried in in some time as I got fed-up.

Until recently, I could not, for example, watch Podge and Rodge on the RTÉ website if connected in Belfast using my 3IRL modem. Since the advent of the RTÉ Player, I can.

As a coda to this, and for those interested, 3 UK have been sending out alerts by SMS concerning these changes and posting a mobile link which outlines their proposals. As I fully expected, this allows for early termination of the contract without penalty owing to these changes being to the disadvantage of the subscriber.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Nothing from 3 Ireland?

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Nothing from 3 Ireland?

This is a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

http://www.three.ie/pricechanges/

Just got a text pointing me to this site.

It appears Pay Monthly customers will still have access to Roam Like at home, however it is not clear as if this is still the case for broadband / data. The text talks about calls and texts but does not mention data.

Might call into the three shop over the weekend to ask. If so I might cancel my 3 broadband contract, also do you know if they have to give you unlock codes in this instance as you have paid to use a device but they have changed the contract.

Cheers.

dingding wrote: »
    http://www.three.ie/pricechanges/

Just got a text pointing me to this site.

It appears Pay Monthly customers will still have access to Roam Like at home, however it is not clear as if this is still the case for broadband / data. The text talks about calls and texts but does not mention data.

Might call into the three shop over the weekend to ask. If so I might cancel my 3 broadband contract, also do you know if they have to give you unlock codes in this instance as you have paid to use a device but they have changed the contract.

Cheers.

Any update regarding data?

As a footnote to this I phoned to cancel my contract with 3 UK yesterday as per their T&Cs.

In the event I managed to get my line rental down to 4,20GBP per month for 2,350 minutes, 25 MMS, 100SMS, 25 video minutes and X-series.

I stayed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

http://www.three.ie/broadband/broadband_euroaming.htm

Found it on the web site. Data roaming still available both on pre pay and pay monthly. :D:D

Now that 3UK terminated 3 Like Home unilaterally yesterday (and introduced 'interesting' new pricing like 12p to call a British mobile while in the UK but only 10p for the same call while in Ireland) can anyone tell me what the current position is with 3 Ireland PAYG:

Can any, all or part of the bought minutes still be used to call British mobiles or landlines? Is SMS Ireland-only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

New 10p Republic of Ireland roaming prices

09:00 30/06/2009
    Our ROI 10p promotion gives you a 10p flat rate when you’re roaming in the Republic of Ireland on the 3 Ireland network. Calls to the UK cost 10p per minute, texts are 10p, and internet data (using your mobile or Mobile Broadband dongle) is just 10p per MB.

New 10p Republic of Ireland roaming prices

09:00 30/06/2009
    Our ROI 10p promotion gives you a 10p flat rate when you’re roaming in the Republic of Ireland on the 3 Ireland network. Calls to the UK cost 10p per minute, texts are 10p, and internet data (using your mobile or Mobile Broadband dongle) is just 10p per MB.

I don't know if this is in response to me but it is not an answer with regard to what I asked.

I am asking if 3 Ireland SIMs, even PAYG, still offer inclusive British minutes as hitherto.

Sorry Kenny: I know that 3 Ireland still do 3 Like Home but that is not what I am asking.

It was the situation that Three Ireland, uniquely, included calling UK mobiles and landlines as part of your bundled minutes -in other words you could use those minutes to call either Irish numbers or British numbers from Ireland.

I haven't been following their changes lately and I am wondering if they still do this -and if they still do it on PAYG?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

culabula wrote: »
    Sorry Kenny: I know that 3 Ireland still do 3 Like Home but that is not what I am asking.

It was the situation that Three Ireland, uniquely, included calling UK mobiles and landlines as part of your bundled minutes -in other words you could use those minutes to call either Irish numbers or British numbers from Ireland.

I haven't been following their changes lately and I am wondering if they still do this -and if they still do it on PAYG?

Yes the call price both to the uk and whilst in the uk has not changed

Walkman wrote: »
    Yes the call price both to the uk and whilst in the uk has not changed

Your 1,000th post and you chose to spend it on me! :pac:

Therefore, bundled minutes can no longer be used to call the UK with impunity as used to be the case, I take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

I on 3 IRL, so if I go to Scotland in August, I will now have to pay roaming fees for voice, text and data?

I on 3 IRL, so if I go to Scotland in August, I will now have to pay roaming fees for voice, text and data?

Why would you think that? As has been clearly stated this only affects 3UK subscribers. The 3 Like Home facility has been withdrawn by them towards their customers. Other 3 networks around the world continue to enjoy it for the time being.

• Advertisement

I dunno, I thought it meant 3 customers couldn't use the 3 UK network for 3 like home.

I dunno, I thought it meant 3 customers couldn't use the 3 UK network for 3 like home.

Not at all, it means 3 UK customers cannot use 3 Ireland as though *they* were at home.

I see 3pay no longer have 3c text its gone back up to 5c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I see 3pay no longer have 3c text its gone back up to 5c

Where are you seeing that?

This is all I can see:
    http://www.three.ie/priceplans/3pay.htm

How much does 3Pay cost?
    Text Message 3c

culabula wrote: »
    Not at all, it means 3 UK customers cannot use 3 Ireland as though *they* were at home.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Where are you seeing that?

This is all I can see:
    http://www.three.ie/priceplans/3pay.htm

How much does 3Pay cost?
    Text Message 3c

hehe hit F5.

On That page dude very first picture "Keypoints: 5c* Texts to any network"

Also half way down the page in How much does 3pay cost.

hehe hit F5.

Bwahahahahahahahaaha cached page. I'm delighted now that I forced them not to switch me.

they're such devious *****. They made such a big deal of dropping the text price when they introduced this tariff when they had every intention of bringing it right back up 3 months later. Typical 3

This one still says 3c. Refreshed it and all :)

http://www.three.ie/new3pay/

They made out like they were bringing in a better deal but now the only thing that's less is calls to other networks and that's dwarfed by the increases

That 3c text rate has pride of place on that page. Is this even legal?

• Advertisement
Advertisement