Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Micro-ring hair extensions

• 10-05-2009 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone here had these done? I want to get extensions but I don't want the ones that glue in, and the micro ring extensions can be re-used.

Also - what's the difference between a half head and full head of extensions? My hair is just above shoulder length and I really just want more volume rather than a lot more length.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Pinkladyamix

Hi,im actualy gettin the micro rings extentions done in june and iv heard a great feedback from them so far.iv done alot of research and they do seem good.iv been gluing mine in for 5 years now and i need some change i feel.defo if you want more volume go for a full head (200 piceces). cheak out these places:

www.urbanhair.com
    www.urbanhairdo.com
    www.sheilastotts.com

google images has great extention pic's if you want ideas for the lenght and thickness.

good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mini1982

Hi,

Just wondering. Does anyone do this method in Dundalk.
    I have had every type of hair extension method done and this was the best for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I've been getting them done for a year now. Most recently with Melissa at Our Little Secret in Wicklow town - although she will also travel to you.

http://www.ourlittlesecret.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

eth0_ wrote: »
    I've been getting them done for a year now. Most recently with Melissa at Our Little Secret in Wicklow town - although she will also travel to you.

http://www.ourlittlesecret.ie/

Do you get a full or half head done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Do you get a full or half head done?

Around a 3/4 head. I think that's about 100 extensions. My own hair isn't thick enough for a full head.

I would definitely recommend you go for European hair rather than the Indian hair if you're going to get extensions. The Indian looks ok but doesn't last as long and can sometimes look 'obvious' as it's a different hair-type to caucasian hair. European hair could last you 9 months if you look after it well (that's with 2-3 maintenance appointments to adjust the bond as your own hair grows). Indian Remy usually only looks good for about 3 months and then you need to throw it in the bin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭shell10

how much does a full head cost does anyone know ??

and can u get the curly??

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sunnyme

it will cost around 250 euro full head

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

How much do the maintenance appointments cost eth0?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sunnyme

it depends...some salons do it for free (within 2 weeks),some salons charge 30 euro.I went to hair Salon on Rathmines and they did ring extension for me and told me that correction is free.Some friends did correction in Hairspray for extra charge.

Advertisement