Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Twitter service using Free Texts

• 10-05-2009 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

People who are interest in twitter.com/ might find this service useful. You send a text to a vodafone or meteor number with what you want to update your twitter with. If you have free texts then it wont cost you anything.

You need to register your phone number and twiter account here:
    http://agtweet.com/

Its an irish chap from dublin who has set this up.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭dmn

i would also be a little weary of this service. not much details on their website either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

It does in fact work, just tweeted from it there. Proof of it is here:

http://twitter.com/david_galway/status/1757789706

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ste88m

Using it now.. Good service. Shows up as 'ag tweet' on twitter. Makes tweeting a lot easier, very handy if you have free texts.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Nice find davy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 JamesKennedy

Hey Guys

I'm behind agtweet and I've updated the pages a little to give some more background. On the password thing - we don't get access to your password. Twitter uses something called oAuth which means that instead twitter gives us permission to access your on your say so. In the near future twitter will be expanding this service so that you can revoke this permission whenever you chose.

cheers

James

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

too bad twitter sucks.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

For anyone that is interested, I've created a php script for meteor users that sends them their twitter feed, cron'd to run every x hours to their phone as a mms message. Most importantly, it costs nothing.

PM me if you'd like the script.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Jonathan wrote: »
    For anyone that is interested, I've created a php script for meteor users that sends them their twitter feed, cron'd to run every x hours to their phone as a mms message. Most importantly, it costs nothing.

PM me if you'd like the script.

And it works. (testcase here :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭power2614

Which number is the "O2" number so my txts will be free!

Advertisement