Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico SMTP Server issue

Options
  • 10-05-2009 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My fathers computer cant send emails anymore from Outlook 2003 but can receive emails fine from his eircom server (mail1.eircom.net).
    I emailed Perlico with a screenshot of the error message and a day later got an email saying customer service have passed to the technical team and they would contact me. I go no reply after 6 days so I rang them today.
    Guy on the phone could not help me after trying to change my smtp to mail.perlico.ie (which I had it already set to) and then change it again to mail.vodafone.ie. Still it didnt work, keeps timing out. Eventually the guy told me that they are experiencing some issues in the "last few days with smtp server" but he couldnt tell me when this will be resolved. He told me to ring tomorrow when technical support will be back working. So they have no 24 hour technical support then!!!!! A modern day broadband company with NO 24 support that I have to ring tomorrow during business hours to get an update on a SMTP server issue. Ridiculous.
    I told them we need to send emails for business purposes and this SMTP server issue is now hindering business operations.

Anyhow, main reason I posted here, is there anyone else experiencing Perlico SMTP issues in the last 2 weeks?

BFG

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 stdunne

Pelico's SMTP server (mail.perlico.ie) is severely borked. It's now not accepting EHLO commands in direct contravention of the latest SMTP RFC.

I believe this behaviour has only been happening for less than a fortnight as my parents were successfully sending emails before they went on holidays, and their email client is unchanged for at least a month. Having said that, email clients have to fall-back to using HELO (which is still working) when EHLO is ignored/rejected and this doesn't appear to be happening.

If you drive an SMTP session from a perlico IP address by hand, you'll see the behaviour I describe.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭baronflyguy

Just to update this thread, I eventually got the SMTP issue fixed today thanks for a user called marcco1977, he posted a message on another thread

the new outgoing sever name on perlico

mail.vodafone.ie

Also to let you know that I tried this new STMP server a few weeks ago with a Perlico Customer Service on the phone and it didn't work.

Also for a while I was also getting spamhaus error messages
    http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=93.107.XX.XX
    and which indicated that my machine was blocked at two levels
    93.107.xx.xx is listed in the PBL,
    PBL264772
    93.107.xx.xx is listed in the XBL,

I was informed that this has nothing to do with Vodafone or Perlico mail server. Also that I could remove the ip address from the list. The IP was infected with, or NATting for a computer infected with a high volume spam sending trojan - it is participating or facilitating a botnet sending spam or spreading virus/spam trojans. So in the case it wont work again.

I was then told a new router would be posted out to me and it will sort it out the problem. No new router arrived and that was 2 weeks.

- BFG

Advertisement