Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6 month ban from soccer

Options
  • 10-05-2009 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭

Just got a 6 month ban fom soccer for six yellow cards since the last charter update in July of 2008. Is there anyway for this to be reduced or is there no hope until the end of the year ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You should direct that question to the Mod who banned you.
    I will not over turn a ban if it is in clear breach of the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I have sent the question to the mod as advised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Unless one of the mods who issued you a yellow/red card is willing to overturn the infraction, I'm afraid not. I imagine you would need a very strong case for that to happen.

You should have kept track of the number of cards you were on as they reset every July under current rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

GuanYin wrote: »
    Unless one of the mods who issued you a yellow/red card is willing to overturn the infraction, I'm afraid not. I imagine you would need a very strong case for that to happen.

You should have kept track of the number of cards you were on as they reset every July under current rules.

I reckon it best to retire from the soccer forum as I cant see myself getting anywhere trying to argue infractions with a mod as from previous viewing of the Help desk I am aware that its immensely difficult to get them removed.

Slan

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

redout wrote: »
    I am aware that its immensely difficult to get them removed.
    Only where they're justified. When the infractions are over the top or unjustified, they're dead easy to appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I replied to redout's PM, and am happy to discuss the issue further with him if he wants to do it privately, or can engage here on this thread if he wants to make an argument against the ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

redout has again been in touch with me, while he is waiting on another reply from me I have told him I have no problem with him returning to this thread to make his point.

The soccer mods are aware of the PM exchange.

Advertisement