Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which ISP should I go with? Dublin/Finglas

Options
  • 10-05-2009 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

I currently have Eircom's 3mb package, but I was looking for some higher speeds. I have been hearing mixed reviews about lots of places and I'm not really sure who to go for. Is UPC's 20mb any good? I'll be doing lots of gaming on xbox live and some P2P downloads so they shouldn't throttle things like torrents and it should have a high bandwidth cap. Has anyone got any recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

James G I'm in Finglas East and I've gone with UPC 20Mb. We've had our cables upgraded and I'm getting 19-18Mb download speed which translates to 2.2-2.3MB/sec download speed.

PM me if you have any questions.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Magnet have services in Finglas, up to 24Mb.

http://www.magnetentertainment.ie/products/llu/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

just signed up to magnet 24mb package

i cant figure out the router they sent me

the sales guy said just to plug it in and connect itupand wait ontill line changes well over two weeks now, the router is broadcasting wirelessly but no internet

there was no analogue filter included(using dect phone) with it, if i plug the phoneline into phone 1 or 2 on the router they sent i get no dial tone

if i plug a cable into the ADSL input and leave phone connected as normal i get a constant beep/beep when making calls

thinking of just cancelling and going with the smart package

beolight wrote: »
    just signed up to magnet 24mb package

i cant figure out the router they sent me

the sales guy said just to plug it in and connect itupand wait ontill line changes well over two weeks now, the router is broadcasting wirelessly but no internet

there was no analogue filter included(using dect phone) with it, if i plug the phoneline into phone 1 or 2 on the router they sent i get no dial tone

if i plug a cable into the ADSL input and leave phone connected as normal i get a constant beep/beep when making calls

thinking of just cancelling and going with the smart package

2 weeks would be normal for both Magnet and Smart, send me a pm and i'll check things up for you tomorrow.

• Advertisement

looks like I am connected to Internet now wirelessly anyway but no phone

Do I need the filter thingee?

How do I secure the wireless network I haven't tried it on PC yet

looks like I am connected to Internet now wirelessly anyway but no phone

Do I need the filter thingee?

How do I secure the wireless network I haven't tried it on PC yet

Do you want me to get someone in Customer services to give you a call?

Do you want me to get someone in Customer services to give you a call?

yeah would be nice

problem being mobile reception in glasnevin is dire and now no landline

will pm mobile number

jeez now i have no broadband and no landline, yet sky plus box says phone line connected

is the norm for magnet switchers?

jeez now i have no broadband and no landline, yet sky plus box says phone line connected

is the norm for magnet switchers?

It really depends on the switchover. Ill PM you now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement