Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A 3rd Pro-CT Mod For CT Forum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,350 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

"On medical questions MY OWN opinion is
    I WILL NEVER EVER TAKE A VACCINE "

Some of the replies were

-

-

Two of the most disgusting comments I have ever seen posted on a message board. And for what? For a guy posting a CT in a CT forum.

Admittedly they were "infracted".

But weigh up wishing death and sterilisation on someone and infracted vs calling someone "closed minded" and a 6 month ban. There is no consistency there.

I think a sense of perspective might be helpful to you here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ludo wrote: »
    As someone with an interest in the whole conspiracy theory area, I drop in every so often to read the forum. Every time I do it I get fed up pretty quickly and never bother posting or getting involved simply because there is always a few annoying posters who are only there to ask "where is your proof?".
    Last time I went there a few weeks ago, I read 5 or 6 threads and the same poster was in them all asking for proof of this and that in a not particularly nice tone. Yet again I just went off to another forum. Why bother putting up with that kind of "debate"?

Discussion is fine but some people seem to be just there to debunk every topic...why bother? If people are just contributing solely in a negative way, they have no place in a forum IMHO. It comes pretty close to trolling and would be considered trolling in many many other forums here.
    So you want people to be able to post details of really "out there" (putting it nicely) theories they can't particularly back up, they just have a "hunch"?
    Icarus152 wrote: »
    Quite right,people who do not agree with us should not poast on boards.They are retaarded IMO.
    Are you taking the piss?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Skeptics are the Sybil Fawlty against the Raving looney Basils CTs out there. If it weren't for the Sybils we'd all be running up and down the stairs throwing the guests out the window for fear the are secretly planning to take over the hotel and use it as a stop over for coneheads and and lizard tongue politicians on thier way to placing pods in the neighbourhood garages.
    However We NEED the loonies though because there is definitely something going on out there, we can't handle the truth and deep down in places we don't talk about at parties, and we want them on that wall, we NEED them on that wall, I'd rather we said thank you and went on our way.

I used my TV viewing this evening to make my point, I couldn't quite fit in the Celtic game which was probably a fix ironically enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Dudess wrote: »
    So you want people to be able to post details of really "out there" (putting it nicely) theories they can't particularly back up, they just have a "hunch"?

they call themselves "feel" posters afaik.

omg 6th is in on it too! the ct forum needs a new mod asap!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055563304

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Thats a yellow card and a red card in the Ct forum now PL ;)

u can't keep me down! Our friend 6th would like to shut me up— infract me again, ban me, shoot me, who knows. But I’d like you to send them a message. if they shut me up, who’ll take my place? who’s going to take my place? I can’t hear you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Can the admins please give us a one off pass to catpic this thread to death at this stage?

There's a nice bottle of wine in it for ya Beruthial ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

orestes wrote: »
    There's a nice bottle of Win in it for ya Beruthial ;)
    FYP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

we already tried this,

the poster who became the Pro CT Mod last time was me.

I agree that there needs to be some balance in the moderation decisions, but the problem as far as I see it is 6th, and his modship being somewhat of a running joke on Boards, any credibility acquired by the move to Soc were negated by the PTB when they made CT one of his Token modships.

an out and out Pro CT Mod didnt work either as all it did was create a target for the Egowankin circlejerkers/Skeptics.

and if my experience is anything to go by that mod can look forward to derision abuse and to ultimatley be left swingin when it comes to the crunch, just like 6th they might let their pet run around the yard, but dont expect to be alowed into the house ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I don't see 6th as being any less a mod then any other mod on this site.
    He is a mod, he has been trusted by the admins the exact same as the rest of the mods.
    IF it is tought that a firmer hand is needed then that can be arranged.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Sounds like that should be the title of a sticky thread, The *Out There* thread, post any theory you want without any proof just for viewing pleasure or if you are not confident in debating the theory.
    but the problem as far as I see it is 6th, and his modship being somewhat of a running joke on Boards, any credibility acquired by the move to Soc were negated by the PTB when they made CT one of his Token modships.

I find that unfair on 6th.

He stopped being a running joke months ago. (though that might be down to me realizing he is not a 13 year old boy as I originally imagined when he first joined and is in fact older then me.)

but humour aside it is still unfair on 6th as I fail to see how he brings the credibility of the CP forum down?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

from what I've seen he's doing as good a job if not better than many mods around the shop. So calling him a running joke is uncalled for imo.

there is a perception amongst some of the users o Boards that 6th is a joke, his modships are a joke, and we in the CT forum are payin the price for someones private joke.

its also worth noting that the other new mod apointed to the forum was Mordeth, now I cant comment on his moddin as he hasnt really done any, I think he deleted some spam once.

there is a perception amongst some of the users o Boards that 6th is a joke, his modships are a joke, and we in the CT forum are payin the price for someones private joke.

its also worth noting that the other new mod apointed to the forum was Mordeth, now I cant comment on his moddin as he hasnt really done any, I think he deleted some spam once.

Ok so the guy who was demodded is trying to say I'm not a fit mod ... why are you not a mod anymore? :D

Had you been a proper mod you would have known that not all modding is obvious on the forum. Mordeth has been involved in PMs with the other mods regarding the forum.

there is a perception amongst some of the users o Boards that 6th is a joke

there is a perception amongst some of Boards that Mahatma coat is a racist

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

orestes wrote: »
    Can the admins please give us a one off pass to catpic this thread to death at this stage?

There's a nice bottle of wine in it for ya Beruthial ;)

Knock yourself out baby.

That bottle better be forth coming!
    MC wrote:

Coming from you MC, that means absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

I agree that there needs to be some balance in the moderation decisions, but the problem as far as I see it is 6th, and his modship being somewhat of a running joke on Boards, any credibility acquired by the move to Soc were negated by the PTB when they made CT one of his Token modships.
    I don't post in CT as I am not really bothered , as those who are pro and con CT are not very open-minded imo and that's no fun.

But you have annoyed me .
    This is your first post back when the new mods where appointed ,You had it out for 6th from the start .

As shown in the post you say
    as a few other posters mentioned I too would have me reservations about one of the new apointees, I kinda thought he was a joke too with Ibid based on his previous 'contributions' to the forum, but his name is still listed confused.gif
    That would be what I call a dig in a welcome thread . Imo not on.

I believe you are still bitter that you are not mod ,as you had strived for the forum to get moved from being a Hosted forum .
    And why you thought you would ever be considered for the role as mod, I have no Idea and I certainly question what you believe a mod should be after what was reported in these threads in Help Desk

Mod in CT forum abusing role
    I would appreciate an SMod or admin to review this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055440747
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055442095
    and in this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055451216
    Where Gordon "was not so happy that I endorsed your modship "
    an out and out Pro CT Mod didnt work either as all it did was create a target for the Egowankin circlejerkers/Skeptics.

and if my experience is anything to go by that mod can look forward to derision abuse and to ultimatley be left swingin when it comes to the crunch, just like 6th they might let their pet run around the yard, but dont expect to be alowed into the house ;)
    I think you have no idea what a mod is , they are not meant to have bias at all , not pro and con . They are just there to tidy up basically , very overrated position imo .
    In this post you hint at double standard and getting another mod in
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59670473&postcount=102
    And as a mod 6th explained what a good mod takes
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59671701&postcount=112

I have a feeling that whenever you see a thread in feedback you are going to take your digs at 6th or whatever if you are not getting you way . If it was up to me you would be banned as you are a type of user that gives that forum a bad name

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Those comments are bang out of order. While 6th may have been the butt of some joking on this site - he is far from a joke himself. From what I have seen of his posts over the past few years - he has always been a positive contributor to boards. Mordeth too for that matter.

As someone who was a mod a one stage, surely you can see that petty jibes & sniping like that aren't going to do anything for your argument.

cHaTbOx wrote: »
    I don't post in CT as I am not really bothered , as those who are pro and con CT are not very open-minded imo and that's no fun.

But you have annoyed me .
    This is your first post back when the new mods where appointed ,You had it out for 6th from the start .

As shown in the post you say

That would be what I call a dig in a welcome thread . Imo not on.

I believe you are still bitter that you are not mod ,as you had strived for the forum to get moved from being a Hosted forum .
    And why you thought you would ever be considered for the role as mod, I have no Idea and I certainly question what you believe a mod should be after what was reported in these threads in Help Desk

Mod in CT forum abusing role
    I would appreciate an SMod or admin to review this

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055440747
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055442095
    and in this thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055451216
    Where Gordon "was not so happy that I endorsed your modship "

I think you have no idea what a mod is , they are not meant to have bias at all , not pro and con . They are just there to tidy up basically , very overrated position imo .
    In this post you hint at double standard and getting another mod in
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59670473&postcount=102
    And as a mod 6th explained what a good mod takes
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59671701&postcount=112

I have a feeling that whenever you see a thread in feedback you are going to take your digs at 6th or whatever if you are not getting you way . If it was up to me you would be banned as you are a type of user that gives that forum a bad name

ah yes the Witch hunt, thanks for reminding me about that.

SKG read those 'helpdesk' threads to get an idea as to what would happen to another pro CT Mod in the CT Forum.

funnily enough it seems that its perfectly acceptable to hurl abuse and insults as long as you are on the 'right' side.

6th as far as I am concerned your modship is a joke, nothing meant personaly against you in that statement but just look at it from the POV of someone outside the situation

You Begged and pleaded for years to be made a Mod, this became a running joke, then they made you a mod for April fools or some other suchlike AS A JOKE, then they hurted yer feelings, so to compensate they gave you a joke Forum 'Magic and Illusion' ,something close to your interest ( but not Paranormal) Mythology, and The CT Forum, which I dont think you ever posted in before becomin its mod.

do you not think that if you were being taken seriously you would have been made the mod of Paranormal?

as always however CT bears the brunt of the jokes.

I didnt ask to be a mod, the discusion came up, I got nominated, I took the job, sudenly everyone expeted me to know what I was doing, yet no one was on hand to lend any form of asistance, then the **** hit the fan and suddenly everyone is there with their postmortems o what I should have done, Fvck all use after the fact tho init

and on one other point, I started the thread about the move to Soc AFTER I was Demodded, so I have no idea what is being alluded to there.

• Advertisement

lol, MC ...... making me look better than I ever could ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If this is to be a serious discussion it's pointless in getting personal and rehashing the past.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

6th as far as I am concerned your modship is a joke, nothing meant personaly against you in that statement but just look at it from the POV of someone outside the situation.

You've said your piece.
    It's bitter and irrelevant.
    Now leave it at that.

btw
    6th's handling of your comments says much more about him than you ever could.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

6th as far as I am concerned your modship is a joke
    Just add it to the list of other crazy theories you believe MC.

Anyway to address the OP again.

We're not against another mod its just that the forum doesnt need one.

If another was needed their beliefs wouldnt come into it.

Please report posts that breach the forum charter.

There is a stickied thread about the forum in CT asking for opinions. If you think the charter needs something specific or that the chater is inadequit in some way let us know.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

seamus wrote: »
    Just add it to the list of other crazy theories you believe MC.

This rules you out of the job anyhow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

How is Magic & Illusion a joke forum?

Seriously though if the people who've slagged off the users of the forum could ignore folks like Mahatma coat, there are some good posters in there that just happen to have some ideas that are outside the norm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

As I understand it, Kernel, MC and other posters who could be considered "Pro CT" demanded that the forum be moved from "Hosted" to "Soc", because the forum wasn't getting enough attention. Now posters are complaining that it's getting attention but it's the wrong kind of attention, and are demanding a Mod to defend their honour.

It's weak soup.

I'd hardly be considered a pro CT poster, and have collected my fair share of infractions from both 6th and Bonkey, as well as public warnings, and bans. So suck it up people, they're doing a good impartial job, if they occasionally comment that and idea is ludicrous or crazy, maybe it's because they think it's ludicrous or crazy for a reason?

Oh and MC? Oh dear, you are just confirming why you lost your modship in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

as this thread seems to be veering off can I please ask that this thread not be locked just yet as there are a couple of points I'd like to address as soon as I get the opportunity.

Thanks for hearing me either way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement