Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stuck in the System

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

eroo wrote: »
    I don't care who your comments are directed at. There are quite a few of those who are 'stuck in the system' having little rants in all the threads in this forum. I'm not saying you are one of them.. you may be, you may not. But if they feel it is ok to vent about waiting in the system in the Medical thread, Applying thread, PCT thread or even the Reserve threads then I feel it only right for me to vent in their thread about how it feels to be waiting to simply apply.

Keep your opinions to yourselves rather than post negative comments when someone inquires about joining. I for one am sick of it. I do feel for you all, and I mean that sincerely but don't turn every thread that has something to with the process into a free for all about how the 'system is crap'.

Use this thread to vent, not every thread in the Recruitment forum. It's not fair to those of us waiting or even people simply inquiring about joining. Your not the first to go through the system and you certainly wont be the last(I hope to be in it).

That's my 2c, take it or leave it.

Seriously calm down! No one is attacking your beloved system and I don't see no1 putting serious negative comments about joining. You are way over reacting.

It's easy to pick up these posts the wrong as no tone is represented. Maybe in future don't look in the 'stuck in system' and 'waiting' threads, if you feel that bad about it because you are totally ranting about something that doesnt need to be ranted about

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Guys everyone is feeling tense these days. Let's all cool it a little, ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

psni wrote: »
    Guys everyone is feeling tense these days. Let's all cool it a little, ok?

Agreed. I've said my piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Ha ha Nog! Very funny! Il have you know he would be a very lucky man if I agreed! ;) And no life changing decisions are being made, its all hypothetical really but its just one of those things. I think its fair for everyone to remember that your situation in no way lessens what anyone else is going through, whether you'd rather be in their situation or not. But we're all in the same boat really, en route to Templemore and no idea how long its gonna take to get there. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bigass

Seriously calm down! No one is attacking your beloved system and I don't see no1 putting serious negative comments about joining. You are way over reacting.

It's easy to pick up these posts the wrong as no tone is represented. Maybe in future don't look in the 'stuck in system' and 'waiting' threads, if you feel that bad about it because you are totally ranting about something that doesnt need to be ranted about

I don't personally think he is ranting, on the other hand he is venting as everyone as done at sometime or other yeah.
    The wait is along one, I have being there so it can get frustrating.
    Being in the system and only applying whatever, remember everyone is in the same postion no one knows anything yet.

Food for thought: you all have to work along side each other one day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

Blue Belle wrote: »
    en route to Templemore and no idea how long its gonna take to get there. :(

Seeing as I dont have a note in my head I shall play "long road to Tipperary" for ye on my animated piano

Keep the chin up everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bettyboo1

TheNog wrote: »
    Seeing as I dont have a note in my head I shall play "long road to Tipperary" for ye on my animated piano

Keep the chin up everyone

Its getting harder & harder :(

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

God it's July already:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

God it's July already:rolleyes:

and yet another day closer too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dylmeister

exactly,thats the only way to look at,we'l all get in eventually :):):)

dylmeister wrote: »
    exactly,thats the only way to look at,we'l all get in eventually :):):)

You in Limbo too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭itsallgood

I lifetd this followin quoto from Minister of Justice, Equality and Law form the Dail website......Don't know if it relates to recruitment but hes more or less says the Gardai will get all the resources required...

"At the time, I believed we had in place all the requisite legislation and resources. On the issue of resources, I have seen allegations in the media recently that I wish to nail to the effect that the Garda Síochána does not have the requisite resources. I assure the House that it does and that every available resource will be made available to it. The Garda Síochána will get everything it seeks in respect of this issue of gangland crime, regardless of whether it is in Limerick or anywhere else on this island. The Garda Síochána has all the resources it requires and will receive more if it requires more. I wish to nail that allegation on the head."

Full debate available at following link

http://www.kildarestreet.com/debates/?id=2009-07-07.252.0&s=garda+recruit#g261.0

Let me know what you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Its definitely not a bad thing thats for sure! I dont think he was specifically referring to recruitment but maybe if Fachtna made a decent case that they need additional Gardai then it could mean they may give the go ahead for another intake. But we still need to figure out if Fachtna is actually going to look for another intake!!! :)

Well it probably looks like August is nearly out of the picture at this stage. Hopefully the Gov have something in motion for November... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Falony

Doesn't look like there will be an intake for the rest of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭andrew1985

+1 in limbo :):(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rugby

Batch 2 interview complete since start of last oct... hello too everyone... ill pull up a chair :D think ill have a few beer's while we wait another year or two :mad:

Advertisement