Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airlines hold Leinster fans to ransom

Options
  • 10-05-2009 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Today Sunday Indo:

Shamelessly cashing in on the back of a great national sporting achievement, Irish airlines are hiking up airfares for the weekend of the Heineken Cup Final.

A perfect storm emerges for Ryanair et al. They have hiked the price of filghts 4 fold for the weekend. Ryanair contradict their own T&C's by kindly offering a rebate for all the Muster fans caught out by the result last week. The are offering up to 100 euro rebate then turn around and take 400 euro out of the Leinster fans pockets for the same seat. Win for Ryanair and win for the taxman.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/opportunistic-airlines-cash-in-on-sports-fans-scrum-for-flights-1734471.html

Another blatant rip off which we all tolerate!.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Rip-Off Ireland

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

supply and demand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

How else do you think Ryanair can afford to charge 1c for flights at other times? They have to make a profit somewhere. Flights are always more expensive when demand is high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

BendiBus wrote: »
    How else do you think Ryanair can afford to charge 1c for flights at other times? They have to make a profit somewhere. Flights are always more expensive when demand is high.

1c for flights,and of course that is not taking into consideration all the rest of the charges this horrible airline adds on as well making them an absolute fortune:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Why didnt the leinster fans book their tickets before the game?? they were a lot cheaper then, its not a rip off its std practice in the airline business.

i hate the ahhhh i didnt book early enough now the prices have gone up shyte, you snooze you lose.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

CR7 wrote: »

Another blatant rip off which we all tolerate!.

So you're saying that there is fierce demand for flights but yet the airlines should sell the seats for 1c just to keep the Leinster fans happy ?

Roish. Go back to your Heino...

I would've thought D4 heads would've had enough money anyway :rolleyes::D no recession on with these herberts (or is there):D nah seriously this is nothing new, sure it's done al the time there is any sporting event on, these bast*rds are dead wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I suppose it is a novel thing for Leinster fans, The same has been happening to munster fans for years, thats why munster fans ha booked early.
    Not knocking leinster but thats just what happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭TaxiManMartin

Didnt Ryanair cancel a full flight when the final was on in Cardiff a couple of years ago.

Once the teams had made the final Ryanair wrote to people who were already booked on the light and told them it was cancelled and gave them a refund.
    Only to add the flight back later charging hundreds for a seat.

Why is Rugby a middle class sport in Dublin but elsewhere in Ireland it's across the board :rolleyes:;) roight im away down to Killiney Village loike :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Didnt Ryanair cancel a full flight when the final was on in Cardiff a couple of years ago.

Once the teams had made the final Ryanair wrote to people who were already booked on the light and told them it was cancelled and gave them a refund.
    Only to add the flight back later charging hundreds for a seat.

Yes they did

also these flights have been expensive since the date of the final was known and so its not just leinster fans this affects...similar for most sporting events..try to get to Paris for when Ireland play there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I suppose it is a novel thing for Leinster fans, The same has been happening to munster fans for years, thats why munster fans ha booked early.
    Not knocking leinster but thats just what happens!
    Only those who didn't think Leinster would win will lose out to the hike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

What happened to the boat?. Before all these heap flights were available everyone took the ferry / train to these matches. I'm sure this trip would cost less than 1/3 of what these carriers are now charging. :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its supply and demand, hotels have been doing it for years everytime there is a concert or match on in Dublin or other citys,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

And all over Europe,

I was in Dusseldorf Germany at the same time the Messe medical conference was on, cheapest room was 1000 euro for the night.

Oktoberfest, booked 8 months in Advance, 300 euro per person for the night.

Supply and demand .. its simple economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

I'm glad - Leinster fans are waankers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

forget about the rugger b*ggers, non-rugby crowd who are making essential journeys at this time, they're the ones who are truly being ripped off

Advertisement