Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C. Ronaldo discussion thread.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Anyone know anything about this? Strikes me as crap but anyway -

http://www.watoday.com.au/sport/soccer/ronaldo-united-have-agreed-real-transfer--report-20090513-b2e8.html
    Ronaldo, United have agreed Real transfer - report

* May 13, 2009 - 7:28AM

MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United have both signed agreements with Real Madrid regarding the Portuguese winger's transfer to the Spanish side, a newspaper reported Tuesday.

Under the agreements, Manchester will let the 2008 FIFA World Footballer of the Year go after July for a minimum of 80 million euros ($A143.32 million), top-selling newspaper El Pais reported.

Former Real president Florentino Perez, who is expected to announce Thursday that he will stand in elections to head the club again, has already discussed the payment of the amount with Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes, it added.

But Perez may ultimately decide instead to recruit AC Milan's Brazilian playmaker Kaka as "he is less expensive and this would allow him to recruit more players", the newspaper added.

Last month Ronaldo, who is under contract with United until 2012, said he was happy at Manchester when asked about persistent reports linking him with a move to Real.

Kaka, the 2007 FIFA World Footballer of the Year, has also said recently that he wants to stay at AC Milan.

Perez was president of Real between 2000 and 2006 when the team recruited top players like Luis Figo, Zinedine Zidane and David Beckham.

Real is slated to hold elections for president in June and Perez tops polls of the club's preferences even though he has not yet said he will run.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Looks like it's been widely reported - especially in Spanish papers. Just need to wait to see if Man U deny it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

Xavi6 wrote: »

Was soccer forum somewhere yesterday. Utter crap I'd say. United can pull out of it now if it's true as it has been leaked. I won't believe anything to do with Ronaldo transfer speculation until I see him playing his first game for Real.
    Real president elections are going on at the moment aren't they? hmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Xavi6 wrote: »

story originates in France, which would be surprising - you'd imagine English or Spanish media would be on it first.

1. The fact the article says the deal can be called off if the information, that they are leaking, is leaked is one problem i have. If the transfer doesn't happen then they can claim it didn't happen cause it was leaked.

2. They state Real are looking at Kaka as a cheaper alternative. So if Ronaldo doesn't move they can claim it is because Real went for a cheaper option, in order to sign more players.

3. Why would Perez have been massively involved in negotiations last summer, when Calderon was in charge.

4. Casilas has been giving out about the Ronaldo saga, saying Real should be looking at Spanish starts like Villa and Silva. Player power is massive at Madrid so I'd be surprised if the dressing room did not exert some influence on this.

Advertisement